University of Tennessee Health Science Center
|University of Tennessee|
|Chancellor||Steve J. Schwab, M.D.|
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) in Memphis includes the Colleges of Allied Health Sciences, Dentistry, Graduate Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy. Its pediatric residency program is affiliated with Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center and residents in pediatrics, radiology, and other fields spend time working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. There are also graduate medical education programs in Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville, family medicine centers in Knoxville, Jackson, and Memphis, and public and continuing education programs across the state. The Health Science Center is part of the statewide, multi-campus University of Tennessee system. As of 2010, US News and World Report ranked the College of Pharmacy 16th among American pharmacy schools.
The Health Science Center is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master, and doctoral degrees. Each of the professional colleges or programs is accredited by the appropriate agency for the profession or program.
Nobel laureate Peter C. Doherty is an adjunct faculty member of this institution.
The Health Science Center offers the degrees of Bachelor of Science (in certain fields):
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN-CNL)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Additional combined degree programs, such as DNP/Ph.D, MD/Ph.D, and Pharm.D/Ph.D are also offered.
For medical school graduates, the office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) oversees 55 different residency programs and fellowships on the UTHSC campus. The UT GME Program is statewide with approximately 900 residents training in participating hospitals located in Chattanooga, Jackson, Knoxville, Memphis, and Nashville.
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center includes six colleges:
- College of Allied Health Sciences
- College of Dentistry
- College of Graduate Health Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
- Medical District, Memphis
- Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- UTHSC Official Website
- UTHSC College of Medicine Homepage
- UTHSC College of Pharmacy Homepage
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Department of Occupational Therapy