Hi! I'm Dave, but you probably guessed that. This is not my original username; I have previously edited under the name Davemeistermoab. I never really liked that name and would prefer to use my current name, or just Dave. And yes, both my old and new usernames hint that I grew up in the Four Corners region. I no longer live there, but miss the area dearly. I am an administrator, and I do believe in admin accountability. If you disagree with one of my admin actions, make your case to me as to why. I'll try to be reasonable. If you don't like that, RfC or ArbCom are popular places to air grievances. I formally considered myself open to recall. However, with the lynch mob mentality that has taken hold every time an admin performs a remotely controversial action, or even makes an innocent mistake, I don't see the point. Being open to recall just provides one more talk page for the lynch mob to assemble the pitch forks.
I tend to work on one or a few articles at a time. I usually keep working on them until they pass a Good Article review, Featured Article review, or I get bored with that subject and move on. Articles I'm currently working on:
- Interstate 80 (Utah) - Almost ready for B class, just need to source the route description and prune the future section.
- Reno, Nevada - need to finish sourcing the transportation section
- Forty Mile Desert - need to upload photo
- Rio Grande Zephyr - found sources that could be used for article expansion
- U.S. Route 91 - General cleanup
- Belmont, Nevada - A fascinating almost ghost town that deserves more coverage than currently given.
- Nevada State Route 447, I did a road trip just to get some pics for the article, then never worked on it. Geez.
- the best articles on wikipedia EVER.
- Checklinks, checks all external links in an article
- see the contributors of an article
- tools:~dispenser/cgi-bin/altviewer.py Alt text checker
- Luxo's cross wiki checker
- Excel to Wikimarkup converter
Just in case you haven't gotten bored yet, check out my box o' bling