|This talk page is automatically archived. Any threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
If you're looking for recommendations, you have two options. Should you want to try it out just once, please go to User:SuggestBot/Requests. If you want recommendations regularly, you can add yourself to the list of SuggestBot Regulars.
Feedback on recommendations, ideas for new features, questions about how SuggestBot works, or anything else related to SuggestBot are all examples of topics welcome below. A bot moves older feedback to the archives regularly, there is also an archive in User:SuggestBot/FeedbackArchive. Thanks for stopping by to let us you what you think! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 11:07, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
Nettrom, I so appreciate all you do with SuggestBot. And I've found it so very useful in the past when working on Japanese-related articles.
However, I've changed over to editing on Brazil-related articles, and I get very few suggestions for those. Also, I'm getting a lot of the same suggestions every week (e.g., "Attorney General of Brazil") -- as you can see from my talk page. Should I do something to generate some fresh suggestions that I haven't seen before? Maybe I'm just not making as many edits as I've made in the past.
- @Prburley: Thanks so much for the positive feedback, I'm happy to hear SuggestBot's been useful to you! I went back and examined our logs to see if there was something in particular going on with your suggestions. While I did not find anything suspicious, I did of course notice what you mentioned, that there are very few Brazil-oriented articles suggested. You mentioned your edits, so I went and also looked at those. SuggestBot uses your last 500 edits in the article namespace. I noticed that in your case, that spans quite a long time, and since it treats all edits equally, your more recent edits to articles about Brazil are not reflected in the suggestions.
- One way we can solve this problem is to have the bot treat more recent edits as more important in its recommendations. I've scheduled some time to look into this, because there is a related change I also want to implement. So, hopefully in the not to distant future your suggestions will be more about Brazil. And thanks for bringing this to my attention! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 20:39, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
...is already easy but I think if you change so that to trigger it you click a link on a specific page (here?). That way people don't have to edit anything they just click the button and done. Thanks --DangerousJXD (talk) 05:42, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- @DangerousJXD: Hi, thanks for getting in touch about that! I completely agree, and have been wanting to do something about this for a while. For those users who just want a set of suggestions, we can do it with two clicks (one to click a button, and one to save their talk page with the template on it). Will see if I can get around to doing something about it, thanks! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 20:42, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
Hey! So SuggestBot is not working for me. This has happened 3 times now but I'll use today's example. I put the template on my talk page and I did some other things here at Wikipedia. I finished those things two hours later and I was going to my talk page to check the suggestions from SuggestBot. But there is none. The last edit was me. I know I did it right because I have done it before. Ping me. –DangerousJXD (talk) 09:21, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- @DangerousJXD: Sorry to hear it's not working, and thanks for reporting that! I've done my best to test the bot and see if there is something that doesn't work, but there didn't seem to be anything I could do to trigger this behaviour (it was happy to post to my sandbox page, and correctly detects the template on your talkpage). Could you try adding the template again? I've set the bot up so I can monitor it more closely and see where it goes wrong, so we can get this problem solved. Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 17:41, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
This will be very helpful!
Hi. I have seen what this bot has done for other people. I decided to try it because by latest edits are grammar fixes on a random page. It has been a while since I put the template and it has not worked. You can find the link to the page I put it on on my user page. Thanks! Will give love once this works Hungryce (talk) 13:59, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Hungryce: Thanks for being interested in SuggestBot! I'm sorry that this did not work as you expected. The template that you use is checked twice a day. That process is starting in a minute (literally), so you should receive your suggestions within the next hour or so. If you want suggestions faster, the template to use is User:SuggestBot/suggest, which is checked every five minutes. While the latter is faster, the format of the suggestions provide less information about each article compared to the subscription service. Again, sorry that this didn't work as you expected. I hope this clears up any confusion, but feel free to ask if you still have questions, I'll happily do my best to help you out. Regards, Nettrom (talk) 23:15, 17 March 2015 (UTC)