January 15, 1984 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
Victor Rasuk (born January 15, 1984) is an American actor.
Rasuk was born in New York City, New York, the son of Dominican parents. He has one brother, Silvestre, with whom he starred in Raising Victor Vargas. Rasuk attended performing arts school as a teenager, and began acting at 14.
Rasuk gained his first film role at the age of 16 in the short film Five Feet High and Rising. The film was a hit at the Independent Spirit Film Festival. Two years later, the director suggested expanding the short film into a feature-length film, Raising Victor Vargas, which went on to win Rasuk an Independent Spirit Award nomination for his work. In his next film, Rock Steady, he played a character named Roc. Two years later, he took a leading role in Haven.
In 2005, Lords of Dogtown was released, with Victor playing Tony Alva. The part included surfing and performing skateboarding tricks. Although the more complicated maneuvers were performed by stuntmen, Rasuk is a method actor and worked on remaining in character both on and off screen. Believing he had mastered skating a huge ramp in only his second week of training, he fractured one of his orbital bones. He says that the accident likely earned him more respect from serious skaters within the cast and crew.
- Flawless (1999): Kid from the Neighborhood (uncredited)
- Five Feet High and Rising (2000): Victor
- The Soft Parade (short, 2001) Shakespeare NYU
- Raising Victor Vargas aka Long Way Home (2002): Victor Vargas
- Rock Steady (2002): Roc
- Undefeated (2003): Street Kid
- Haven (2004): Fritz
- Lords of Dogtown (2005): Tony Alva
- I'm Reed Fish (2006): Frank Cortez
- Bonneville (2006): Bo Douglas
- Emil (2006)
- Spinning Into Butter (2007): Patrick Chibas
- Adrift in Manhattan (2007): Simon Colon
- Feel the Noise (2007): Javi
- Stop-Loss (2008): Pvt. Rico Rodriguez
- Che (2008): Rogelio Acevedo
- ER (TV series) (2008–2009): Dr. Ryan Sanchez
- Life Is Hot in Cracktown (2009): Manny
- The War Boys (2009): Greg
- Apples (2010): Valet
- How to Make It in America (TV series) (2010–2011): Cameron 'Cam' Calderon
- Celestina (2011): Nelson
- Keep Coming Back (2011): Bobby
- Being Flynn (2012): Gabriel
- El Jefe (2012): Alfonso 'Al' Rodriguez
- Jobs (2013): Bill Fernandez
- Godzilla (2014): Tre Morales
- Fifty Shades of Grey (2015): José Rodriguez
- Victor Rasuk at the Internet Movie Database
- Victor Rasuk on Twitter
- Victor Rasuk on Facebook
- Victor Rasuk on Instagram
- Guthmann, Edward (April 23, 2003). "Victor victorious / A 19-year-old newcomer is winning over movie critics with his role in 'Vargas'". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- "Victor Rasuk in How to Make It in America". HBO. Retrieved March 27, 2010.