|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Directed by||Farouq Siddique|
|Produced by||Dhirajlal Shah|
|Written by||Talat Rekhi (story)|
Danny Denzongpa ,
|Music by||Anu Malik|
|Distributed by||Time Magnetic Pvt. Ltd.|
|Release date(s)||July 29, 1994|
|Budget||12 crore (US$2.0 million)|
|Box office||28 crore (US$4.6 million)|
The film was one of the hits of 1994 in India mainly due to its soundtrack composed by Anu Malik which became an instant superhit. Divya Bharti was originally meant to be the female lead but was replaced by Tabu after her death. Movie was declaired hit at boxoffice.
The family of Justice Saxena is extremely happy until his younger brother Inspector Rajesh Saxena (Suresh Oberoi) arrests a notorious gangster, Bhawani Singh (Anant Jog). Justice Saxena sentences Bhawani Singh to death. Bhawani Singh's brother, Dilawar Singh (Danny Denzongpa), avenges his brother's death, and he kills the judge as well as his driver Shanker. Dilawar Singh also tries to kill their sons. Driver Shanker's son, Karan (Ajay Devgan) loses his eyesight while saving Justice Saxena's son Babloo.
Justice Saxena's wife, the two children and Rajesh Saxena leave the city. Dilawar Singh finds them and kills the Judge's wife and throws Babloo out of the running train.
Before dying, Babloo donates his eyes to Karan. Karan vows that he will not remove his goggles till he confronts Dilawar Singh.
- Ajay Devgan: Karan
- Danny Denzongpa: Dilawar Singh
- Tabu: Mohini 'Mona' Face over Surgery
- Suresh Oberoi: Inspector Rajesh Saxena
- Reema Lagoo: Mrs. Saxena
- Gulshan Grover: Shakti B. Singh
- Vikas Anand: Judge Saxena
- Ram Mohan
- Aparajita: Mohini's mom
- Anant Jog: Bhawani Singh
- Gurbachchan Singh
- Silk Smitha
The soundtrack album of the movie composed by Anu Malik topped the charts in 1994. Apart from the side-splitting "Ruk Ruk Ruk Arey Baba" sung by Alisha Chinai, the mushy romantic number "Raah Mein Unse Mulaqaat" rendered by Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik can be heard playing on FM broadcasting radio and stereo even today. The other songs, too, chipped in to the popularity of the album. The album brought off rank 537 in the "Best Albums of 1994" and was in the place 5214 in the "Best Albums of the 1990s".
- "Kal Saiya Ne Aisi Bowling Ki," Alisha Chinai
- "Ruk Ruk Ruk," Alisha Chinai
- "Raah Mein Unse Mulaqat," Alka Yagnik & Kumar Sanu
- "Sagar Sang Kinare Hai," Alka Yagnik & Kumar Sanu
- "Ladke Aaj Ke Ladke," Anu Malik & Poornima (Sushma Shrestha)
- "Aayiye Aapka Intezaar Thaa," Kumar Sanu & Sadhna Sargam
- "Seene Mein Dil Hai," Kumar Sanu & Sadhna Sargam
- Filmfare Best Villain Award - Danny Denzongpa
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - Alisha Chinoy
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award - Alka Yagnik