Washington Jr. Nationals
|Division||EHL North Division|
|Home arena||Leddy Arena|
|Colors||Red, Green and White|
|General manager||Stephen Lary|
|Head coach||Chris Line|
|2003-2014||Washington Junior Nationals|
The Vermont Lumberjacks are an USA Hockey-sanctioned Tier III Jr. A ice hockey team from Burlington, Vermont. Until the 2010-11 season the team played as the Washington Jr. Nationals in Arlington, Virginia at the 1,200-seat Kettler Capitals Iceplex, official practice facility of the Washington Capitals, before moving to the multi-rink Gardens Ice House in Laurel, Maryland. They played in the South Division of the Atlantic Junior Hockey League (AJHL).
Following the 2013-2014 season the team was relocated to Burlington, Vermont and re-branded the Vermont Lumberjacks. This brings junior hockey back to the State of Vermont for the first time since the Green Mountain Glades departed following the 2011-2012 season.
The players, ages 16–20, carry amateur status under Junior A guidelines and hope to earn a spot on higher levels of junior hockey in the United States and Canada, Canadian Major Junior, Collegiate, and eventually professional teams.
- "Washington Capitals – Team – Washington Capitals – Team". Capitals.nhl.com. 2007-05-18. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- "USA Junior Hockey Magazine May". Juniorhockeymagazine.com. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Nelson, Jeff (2009-03-12). "Washington Area High School Hockey Players Are Sometimes Torn Between Junior Nationals, High School Teams". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Carrera, Katie (2009-04-09). "Dreams Come Closer – D.C. Area's Hockey Players Have More Alternatives On Their Way to College". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- "Atlantic Junior Hockey League". Atlantichockey.org. Retrieved 2010-06-09.