Watergate Bay (Cornish: Porth Tregoryan, meaning cove at Coryan's farm) is a bay located two miles north of Newquay on the B3276 Newquay to Padstow road near the village of Tregurrian in Cornwall, United Kingdom. It faces the Atlantic Ocean. The two mile long, sandy beach and exposed north westerly location is a popular location for water sports, kite flying, and sand art. In May, 2007, it played host to the English Nationals Surfing Championships.
The Watergate Bay Hotel and Fifteen Cornwall, a restaurant set up by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, are located just above the beach and there are a number of caravan and camping sites within easy reach.
Film, TV and radio
Watergate Bay has been used as a location for the following productions:
- The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns (1999)
- Plunge (2003) A surf movie featuring Kate Winslet
- Echo Beach (2008) TV Series  A 12 part TV series that was filmed during the summer of 2007 featuring Jason Donovan and Martine McCutcheon.
- Moving Wallpaper (2008) a behind the scenes comedy following the making of Echo Beach.
- BBC Radio 4's Open Country produced a 30-minute BBC Radio Documentary about the bay 
|This Cornwall location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|