Whale and Star
Whale & Star is the studio of artist Enrique Martínez Celaya. It is based in Miami, Florida. In addition to supporting the practice of Enrique Martínez Celaya, Whale & Star also runs an internationally recognized imprint Whale & Star Press as well as a modest education program which includes highly selective residencies, internships, and apprenticeships as well as lectures and a summer program of intensive critique and discussion for mid-career artists.
Whale & Star Press
Since its conception in 1998, Whale & Star Press has published books in art, poetry, art practice and critical theory 
- Intimations: Selected Poems by Anna Akhmatova (2009). Collection of Anna Akhmatova's poetry in English translation, translated by James E. Falen and edited by Kevin M.F. Platt.
- The Blog: Bad Time for Poetry (2009). Compilation of Enrique Martínez Celaya's blog, Bad Time for Poetry which began on August 24, 2007 and ended on May 25, 2009.
- Modernist Archaist (2008). Collection of Osip Mandelstam's poetry in English translation, edited by Kevin M.F. Platt.
- The Conversations (2007). Interviews with sixteen contemporary artists by Richard Whittaker, publisher and editor of the magazine works + conversations.
- Martínez Celaya. Early Work (2006). The book explores the development of the artist's work.
- XX, a book of lyrics and photographs of the Cowboy Junkies, which also includes a suite of watercolors produced by the artist (2006).
- Guide, (2002). Published in collaboration with Griffin Editions and Mark Hasencamp. Artist book. Text and Photographs by Enrique Martínez Celaya.
- Sketches of Landscapes(2002). Edited with commentaries by Enrique Martínez Celaya. Formulated as an introductory book, it includes original texts of seminal works on the philosophy of art as well as selections of influential critical writings of the nineteenth and twentieth century.
- Selections from Les Fleurs du Mal (2001). The artist assembled for the first time in an English publication poems selected from "Les Fleurs du Mal" and the full portfolio of 9 etchings from Odilon Redon's Les Fleurs du Mal, published by Henri Fleury, Paris, France, 1923.
- Joseph Beuys, Multiples and Other Forms of Politics (2001). Text by Beatrice Foessel and Johannes Stuettgen. Working with German scholars, the artist published a small and accessible catalog with the goal of further expanding the understanding of Beuys among American audiences.
Whale & Star Press books are distributed nationally and internationally by the University of Nebraska Press.
- Whale & Star official website
- Whale & Star Press official website
- Whale & Star's distributor, University of Nebraska Press
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|