|Directed by||Tetsuro Takeuchi|
|Produced by||Kaichiro Furata|
|Written by||Satoshi Takagi|
|Music by||Guitar Wolf|
|Editing by||Tomoe Kubota|
|Running time||98 minutes|
Wild Zero is a 1999 Japanese horror film directed by Tetsuro Takeuchi. The film stars Masashi Endô as Ace, a big fan of the Japanese rock group Guitar Wolf. After assisting the group, Guitar Wolf makes Ace his blood brother and give him a whistle to blow during times of trouble. Ace later meets Tabio (Shitichai Kwancharu) during a gas station robbery. The group later find themselves in a the middle of a zombie invasion.
Wild Zero was shown as part of the Midnight Madness series at the 2000 Toronto International Film Festival.
Variety gave the film a mixed review, stating that "Pic has everything the midnight crowd could possibly want, although such items generally have a hard time hitting other parts of the theatrical clock."
- Eisner, Ken (November 5, 2000). "Review: ‘Wild Zero’". Variety. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Release". BFI Film & Television Database. British Film Institute. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Wild Zero". Synapse Film. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Sharp, 2011. p. 110
- Sharp, 2011. p. 108
- "Biography". Guitar Wolf Official Website (in Japanese). Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Crow, Jonathan. "Wild Zero". Allmovie. Allrovi. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Sharp, Jasper (2011). Historical Dictionary of Japanese Cinema. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 0810875411. Retrieved November 2, 2013.