Wulf Zendik (born Lawrence E. Wulfing, in El Paso, Texas, October 7, 1920 – June 12, 1999) was an American writer, environmentalist, and bohemian. He was the author of the novel A Quest Among The Bewildered, and has been described as an "undiscovered Beat."
Larry Wulfing, a.k.a. Wulf, founded the community, Zendik (also known as Zendik Arts Farm), located in Florida, Southern California, Texas, North Carolina, and West Virginia at various times, with his wife/partner Carol Merson, a.k.a. Arol Wulf. After Zendik's death, Zendik Farm continued Zendik's philosophy by promoting the arts and an environmentally sound lifestyle. In 2006, the community had a show, Zendik News, on public-access television Channel 75 in Baltimore, MD. Zendik Farm members were known for their sales of T-shirts and bumper stickers saying "Stop Bitching, Start a Revolution." The community has since disbanded, with the property being sold.
Publications and music
- Zendik, Wulf. 2001. A quest among the bewildered. Mill Spring, N.C.: Zendik Communal Arts.
- Zendik, Wulf. 1990. Blackhawk: diary of an eco-warrior. Bastrop, TX: Zendik Farm.
- Zendik, Wulf. 1990. Bop! Bastrop, Tex: Zendik Farm Arts Foundation.
- Zendik, Wulf. 2005. I=eM-e: the cozmik equation. [Marlinton, W.Va.]: Zendik Arts.
- Zendik, Wulf. 2003. Talk given to the International Monetary Fund one night before takeover. Mill Spring, NC: W. Zendik.
- Zendik, 1998 rock music CD, Vero Beach, FL: Zendik Soundz. Songs: Strontium rain—Purple blaze—Yang/yin—When she strays—Ancient in my eyes—Jewels and things—This muzik.
- We the poet. Rock music CD by Zendik (Organization). 1999. Mill Springs, NC: Zendik Soundz. Songs: What happened to rock'n roll—My life would sing—How many—Last chance blues—Girl could dance—Never had a chance—River in my mind—Gambler—Let it rip.
- Zendik Orgaztra, and Wulf Zendik. 1999. Dance of the cozmic warriorz. Vero Beach, FL: Zendik Soundz. Songs: Yang/yin—Farm jam—The kiss—Madman—Dance of the cozmic warriorz—Let's get stoned—Inzanity.
- Welcome to the Book Venue, An emerging Beat era Masterpiece by Wulf Zendik, by Lisa Macguire
- Literary Kicks, Opinions, Observations and Research
- Ace Boggess Reviews "A Quest Among the Bewildered", Adirondack Review
- Zendik Arts Foundation of West Virginia website
- Baltimore Grassroots Media, Shows on Channel 75
- Who Are These People?, by Ryan Grim. Washington City Paper, Nov. 4-10, 2005
- , Zendik Farm For Sale: West Virginia Commune, Maybe Cult, On The Market For $950,000
- The Work of Wulf Zendik - online repository of his written work
- Wulf Zendik Facebook page
- The Green Alternative, At Zendik Arts Farm, a Commune Strives for a Dollar and Change, by Fredrick Kunkle. Washington Post, Jan. 22, 2006
- FAQ and criticism of Zendik Farm by former member
- Personal story of a 13-year member of Zendik Farm (1978-1991)