|Stable release||1.5 / February 9, 2014|
|License||GNU General Public License|
|Website||xwax: Digital Vinyl System for Linux|
xwax is open source vinyl emulation software. It was initially developed in 2006 as proprietary software. In May 2007 xwax was licensed under the GNU General Public License, making it the first open source software of this kind.
Unlike the software supplied with some proprietary packages for vinyl emulation, xwax is hardware independent. Notably, it can be used with the audio device and timecode recordings supplied with the Scratch Live program, and older versions of the Traktor Scratch program, and the audio interface supplied with the original Final Scratch.
- Separated processes of the interface from the external decoder.
- MIDI controller support
- 1.2 was the first version to introduce midi controller support, allowing the user to manipulate cue points with the Dicer DJ controller from Novation 
- A fully scalable UI that makes xwax suitable for high resolution displays.
- A "software pre-amp" that allows you to use an un-amplified turntable output with xwax without a hardware preamplifier.
- xwax development: Guidelines, Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "xwax: Digital Vinyl on Linux". Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Skratchworx: And for Linux users...". Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- "Create Digital Music: xwax: Vinyl Scratching Emulation on Linux". Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- "xwax development". Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Xwax - An open source DVS".
- "xwax: Overview". Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "xwax: Overview".
- Hills, Mark (2007-09-04). "ALSA and the Rane SL 1 interface". xwax-devel mailing list. http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=alpine.BSO.0.9999.0709021512510.32425%40metheny.ijneb.com&forum_name=xwax-devel.
- Santoni, Albert (2007-08-22). "Vinyl Control and New Audio Core in Trunk". mixxx-devel mailing list. http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1187785910.7571.6.camel%40Jupiter.home&forum_name=mixxx-devel.
- "Vinyl Control - MixxxWiki". Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- Hills, Mark. "xwax-devel mailing list: xwax 1.2 release". Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- Hills, Mark (2013-06-08). "xwax-devel mailing list: xwax 1.4 release". xwax-devel mailing list. http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31033906. Retrieved 2013-08-11.