Location of Ypäjä in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Sinikka Malin|
|• Total||183.25 km2 (70.75 sq mi)|
|• Land||182.75 km2 (70.56 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.5 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Area rank||311th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||262nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||13.9/km2 (36/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.2%|
|• 15 to 64||63.8%|
|• 65 or older||19.9%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
Ypäjä is a municipality located in the countryside of South-Western Finland. It belongs to the province of Southern Finland and the region of Tavastia Proper. The municipality has a population of 2,541 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 183.25 square kilometres (70.75 sq mi) of which 0.5 km2 (0.19 sq mi) is water. The population density is 13.9 inhabitants per square kilometre (36 /sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The main population centre of Ypäjä is a small village situated on the river Loimijoki, between the towns of Forssa (23 km to the east from Ypäjä) and Loimaa (15 km to the west). Although officially part of the Forssa region, Ypäjä is often also considered to belong to the Loimaa region as it has traditionally been influenced by both towns. Besides Loimaa, its direct neighbours are Jokioinen, Humppila, Somero, Koski, and Mellilä.
Ypäjä's coat of arms is designed by Aukusti Tuhka.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Ypäjä at Wikimedia Commons