|Date of birth||13 March 1949|
|Place of birth||Jerusalem, Israel|
|Party represented in Knesset|
Ze'ev Bielski (Hebrew: זאב בילסקי, born 13 March 1949) is an Israeli politician who served as a member of the Knesset for Kadima between 2009 and 2013. He previously chaired the Jewish Agency and the World Zionist Organization. as well as working as a Jewish Agency emissary in South Africa, a player in the Israeli national basketball league, a founder of the Israel Forum, and the mayor of Ra'anana.
Between 1977 and 1980 he was the leading Jewish Agency emissary in South Africa. In 1989 he became the Mayor of Ra'anana, which he would be until 2005, and he became the Chairman of the Absorption Committee, Union of Local Authorities, which he would be until 1993. He also was the Deputy Chairman of the Union of Local Authorities in Israel from 1996 to 1999, and the National Chairman of the Al-Sam Organization from 1994 to 1996.
On 23 June 2005 he was elected a member of the World Zionist Organization Council as a member of Herut - The National Movement. On 28 June he succeeded Salai Meridor as the chairman of the Jewish Agency. His candidacy for this position was supported by Ariel Sharon.
He currently is a member of Council for Cable and Satellite Television, Israeli Schools Sports Association, Public Council for the Schneider Children Hospital, Committee to Avoid a Conflict of Interest for Elected Officials in Local Authorities, and Council of the Society for the Protection of Nature.
Ze'ev Bielski is married to Caron, whom he met in South Africa. They have 3 children, 2 girls (Adi and Tali) and a boy (Eran).
Bielski told the The Jerusalem Post that Jews in America have no future in America. Due to the size of America he believes assimilation is inevitable, and all Jews in America should move to Israel.
- Kraft, Dina (28 June 2005). "Bielski Named Jewish Agency Head, Vows To Be Worldwide Emissary". United Jewish Communities. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- "Victor Yushchenko meets with Ze'ev Bielski" (Press release). Press office of President Victor Yushchenko. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- JAFI Profiles: Zeev Bielski Jewish Agency for Israel
- Far-right faction elevates Bielski to spot on WZO Executive Jewish Agency
- 'Our job is to live here' The Jerusalem Report, 25 July 2005
- Kadima list Knesset website (Hebrew)
- Actress Adi Bielski.
- 'US Jews have future, present and past' The Jerusalem Post
|Find more about Ze'ev Bielski at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|