|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Production location(s)||Temple, Oklahoma|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Half Yard Productions|
|Original network||Animal Planet|
|Original release||August 7, 2011– August 5, 2012|
Hillbilly Handfishin' was an American reality television show about noodling, the sport of fishing for catfish using only bare hands and feet. The series aired on Animal Planet from August 7, 2011 to August 5, 2012.
The show starred Oklahoma fishermen Skipper Bivins and Trent Jackson, self-proclaimed "hillbillies" who take tourists from cities on noodling expeditions in muddy lakes, rivers and streams. The Bivins family runs Big Fish Adventures, a noodling-exhibition company based in Temple, Oklahoma.
Although officially set to premiere in August 2011, a pilot for the series first premiered on Animal Planet on September 24, 2010. At the time, it averaged 630,000 viewers, which was 44 percent better than the timeslot average at the time. Subsequent encores of the pilot on December 9 and December 22 drew viewerships of 653,000 and 722,000, respectively.
Before the series premiered, Field & Stream magazine writer Chad Love criticized the premise and concept of the show, expressing particular concern that it would portray Oklahoma and its residents in a stereotypical and negative light. Love wrote, "Here's one from the 'Do We Really Need A Reality Show For This?' files."
Episode 2 featured three pairs of participants, including Tony and Nick from Chicago, Ken and his daughter Natalie, and retirees Valerie and John. Episode 3 featured Hiliary and Kerry, a newlywed couple, Georgia friend Terisa and Tenia, and brothers-in-law Brad and Jim.
- de Moraes, Lisa (February 22, 2011). "Animal Planet unveils noodling with Hillbilly Handfishin". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Sherrow, Rita (February 25, 2011). "Noodling to be featured in Animal Planet series". Tulsa World. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Fixin' for a Fish-out-of-water Adventure??? Animal Planet introduces thrill-thirsty city slickers to the wild sport of noodling in Hillbilly Handfishin". Animal Planet. 2011. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Big Fish Adventures, LLC". Big Fish Adventures. 2011. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2011). "Animal Planet Greenlights Summer Series 'Tanked' and 'Hillbilly Handfishin". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Love, Chad (March 7, 2011). "'Hillbilly Handfishin' Reality Show Coming to Animal Planet". Field & Stream. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Hillbilly Handfishin' Episode 2". Reel Film News. Archived from the original on August 19, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Hillbilly Handfishin' Episode 3". Reel Film News. Archived from the original on August 19, 2011. Retrieved August 16, 2011.