¿Quién es la máscara?
|¿Quién es la máscara?|
|Created by||Seo Chang-man|
|Based on||King of Mask Singer|
by Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation
|Presented by||Omar Chaparro|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Executive producer(s)||Miguel Ángel Fox|
|Producer(s)||Miguel Ángel Fox|
|Original network||Las Estrellas|
|Original release||August 25, 2019 –|
|Related shows||King of Mask Singer|
¿Quién es la máscara? (Spanish for Who is the Mask?) is a Mexican talent reality television series produced by Televisa and Endemol Shine Group. It is based on the South Korean television show King of Mask Singer created by Seo Chang-man. Televisa is the second network in the Americas to obtain the franchise of said program. It is hosted by Omar Chaparro. It premiered on Las Estrellas on August 25, 2019.
The series has been renewed for a second season, that will premiere in 2020.
Sixteen celebrities compete on the show anonymously with costumes over a series of episodes. In each episode, a part of the competitors are matched in face-off competitions, in which each one will perform a song of their choice. From each face-off the live audience votes; the celebrities with the most votes are safe for the week, while the celebrity with the least votes is put up for elimination. At the end of the episode, the losers of the face-offs are submitted to the previous votes of the panelists to determine who will not continue; the eliminated celebrity removes their mask to reveal their identity.
Panelists and host
The judging panel consists of actor and comedian Adrián Uribe, singer Yuri, actress and comedian Consuelo Duval, and singer Carlos Rivera. The show is hosted by Omar Chaparro. Occasionally, there are guest panelists that appear as the fifth judge. These guest panelists included football coach Miguel Herrera (episode 6), actress Paz Vega (episode 7), and actress Michelle Renaud (episode 7).
On April 5, 2019, Televisa announced through a press release the purchase of the reality show The Masked Singer according to the alliance that the channel has with Endemol Shine Latino in terms of producing new content for the Mexican audience.
The acquisition of The Masked Singer format by Televisa, was due to the fact that in previous years Televisa had the rights to the talent show The Voice, until in December 2018 it was confirmed that Televisa lost the rights to said program, so that the company decided to look for new programs to capture the audience again.
On June 17, 2019 the reality series was presented to the media, which opted to the title ¿Quién es la máscara?.
|Season||Number of||Duration||Finalists||Host||Judges||Guest Judges|
|1||16||8||August 25 – October 13, 2019||Vadhir Derbez
|Omar Chaparro||Adrián Uribe||Yuri||Consuelo Duval||Carlos Rivera||1|
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||8||August 25, 2019||4.0||October 13, 2019||5.3||4.10|
- "¿Quién es la máscara? de Televisa y Endemol Shine Boomdog estrena el 25 de agosto por Las Estrellas". produ.com (in Spanish). 18 June 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "¿Quién es la máscara? logra la mayor audiencia de 2018 y 2019". tvynovelas.com (in Spanish). TVyNovelas. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- Martinez, Fabricio (30 September 2019). "Carlos Rivera y Yuri, entre los jueces del nuevo reality de Televisa, según "INtrusos"". lasestrellas.tv (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- "Miguel Herrera aparece en ¿Quién es la máscara?". eluniversal.com.mx. El Universal. 29 September 2019. p. Spanish. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
- Solís, Erik (4 October 2019). "Paz Vega y Michelle Renaud serán las invitadas especiales de ¿Quién es la Máscara?". lasestrellas.tv (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Televisa anuncia 'The Masked Singer', un nuevo y diferente programa musical". www.lasestrellas.tv (in Spanish). April 5, 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "TELEVISA Y ENDEMOL SHINE BOOMDOG TRAEN A MÉXICO "THE MASKED SINGER"". televisa.com (in Spanish). 4 April 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- Mérida, Janet (18 June 2019). "Televisa le apuesta a "¿Quién es la máscara?", su nuevo reality show". eluniversal.com (in Spanish). El Universal. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "Estreno de ¿Quién es la máscara? lideró el primetime dominical por Las Estrellas". produ.com (in Spanish). 26 August 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "¡Televisa por fin aplasta a MasterChef! '¿Quién es la Máscara?' le triplica el rating". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Radio Fórmula. 26 August 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- @PRODU (17 October 2019). "Ratings México - 13 de octubre de 2019" (Tweet) (in Spanish) – via Twitter.