Óscar Pastor (computer scientist)
Óscar Pastor López
March 3, 1962
Óscar Pastor (born 3 March 1962 in Valencia) is a Spanish computer scientist, Full Professor of software production methods at the Department of Information Systems and Computing of Universitat Politècnica de València, and the director of the Research Centre in Software Production Methods (PROS).
Óscar ended high school in Instituto Benlliure (Valencia) in 1980. In 1985 he received a bachelor's degree on Physics from Universitat de València, where he had specialised in Electronics and Computer Science. In 1992 he received a PhD from Universitat Politècnica de València with his thesis Diseño y Desarrollo de un Entorno de Producción Automática de Software basado en el Modelo Orientado a Objetos, supervised by Isidro Ramos.
Former researcher at HP Labs (Bristol, UK), in 1986 he became an associate professor at the Faculty of Computer Science of Universitat Politècnica de València. From 1996 to 2002 he was a tenured professor. From 2002 to date, he is Full Professor.
His main research interests include Software Engineering, Conceptual modeling, Model-driven development, genomic information systems (for Bioinformatics, Translational bioinformatics, Health informatics, etc.), and Empirical software engineering. He received the ER Fellow Award in 2010 for his contributions to the conceptual modeling area, and has been keynote speaker at a dozen of international conferences. He has also been strongly committed to technology transfer activities through the creation of spin-off companies such as Integranova and GEM Biosoft.
Within the area of model-driven software development, he advocates a full-model driven software lifecycle. He authored the OO-Method, an object-oriented, model-driven method for enterprise information systems, that is currently supported by the Integranova Software Solutions technology. The OO-Method covers the Platform-independent model layer (according to the Model-driven architecture paradigm). To tackle with modelling layers that are closer to the business stakeholders, he has explored several requirements engineering methods and languages (ranging from use cases to BPMN). Among them, he co-authored Communication Analysis, a business process modelling and requirements engineering method with a communicational orientation, as well as its integration with the OO-Method, in a way that Communication Analysis covers the Computation-independent model layer.
- 2007. Model-Driven Architecture in Practice: A Software Production Environment Based on Conceptual Modeling. With Juan Carlos Molina. Springer.
- "Research Centre in Software Production Methods (PROS)". Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "ER Fellows". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Integranova Software Solutions". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "GEM Biosoft". Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- Pastor, Óscar; Ruiz, Marcela; España, Sergio (2013). Software and Data Technologies. Communications in Computer and Information Science. 303. Springer. pp. 56–70. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-36177-7_4. ISBN 978-3-642-36176-0.
- Pastor, Óscar; Gómez, Jaime; Insfrán, Emilio; Pelechano, Vicente (November 2001). "The OO-method approach for information systems modeling: from object-oriented conceptual modeling to automated programming". Information Systems. 26 (7): 507–534. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.2.5046. doi:10.1016/S0306-4379(01)00035-7.
- Pastor, Oscar; España, Sergio; Panach, José Ignacio; Aquino, Nathalie (2008). "Model-Driven Development: piecing together the MDA jigsaw puzzle". Informatik-Spektrum. 31 (5): 394–407. doi:10.1007/s00287-008-0275-8. S2CID 10246695.
- España, Sergio; González, Arturo; Pastor, Óscar (2009). Communication Analysis: A Requirements Engineering Method for Information Systems. 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE 2009). Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design. LNCS 5565. pp. 530–545. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-02144-2_41. ISBN 978-3-319-98176-5.
- González, Arturo; España, Sergio; Ruiz, Marcela; Pastor, Óscar (2011). Systematic Derivation of Class Diagrams from Communication-Oriented Business Process Models. 12th International Conference on Business Process Modeling, Development and Support (BPMDS 2011). Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. LNBIP 81. pp. 246–260. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-21759-3_18. ISBN 978-3-642-21758-6.
- España, Sergio; Ruiz, Marcela; Pastor, Óscar; González, Arturo (2011). Systematic derivation of state machines from communication-oriented business process models. Fifth International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2011). pp. 1–12. doi:10.1109/RCIS.2011.6006870. ISBN 978-1-4244-8670-0. S2CID 16503468.
- "DBLP: Óscar Pastor, list of publications from the DBLP Bibliography server". Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "ResearchGate: Óscar Pastor list of publications". Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Google Scholar: Óscar Pastor list of publications". Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Pastor, Óscar; Molina, Juan Carlos (2007). Model-Driven Architecture in Practice: A Software Production Environment Based on Conceptual Modeling. Springer. p. 302. ISBN 978-3-540-71867-3. Retrieved 18 July 2015.