From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1656 BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- c. 1655 BC—Tan-Uli, the ruler of the Elamite Empire, dies.
- c. 1650 BC—Greeks start to live in Mycenae.
- c. 1650 BC—Middle Kingdom ends in Ancient Egypt (other date is 1674 BC).
- c. 1650 BC—Second Intermediate Period starts in Ancient Egypt (other date is 1674 BC).
- c. 1650 BC – "Flotilla" fresco, from Room 5 of West House, Akrotiri (Santorini), Thera, is made. Second Palace period. It is now kept in National Archaeological Museum, Athens.
- Egypt—Start of Seventeenth Dynasty.
- c. 1650 BC—Between Rapperswil and Hurden, on the so-called Seedamm, a first wooden bridge was constructed on Lake Zürich in Switzerland
- c. 1650 BC—The last Woolly mammoths become extinct on Wrangel Island.
- c. 1650 BC—The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus is produced.
- c. 1650 BC—Beginning of construction of 900-acre Poverty Point settlement earthworks (now northern Louisiana) by NA hunter-gatherers.