1970s in Andorra
1970s in Andorra:
- 1970: April 23- Andorran women gain the right to vote.
- 1971: Andorra organizes the Andorran Olympic Committee.
- 1972: The Sanctuary of Meritxell is destroyed with a fire.
- 295 vehicles recorded per 1000 inhabitants, ranking Andorra fourth in the world in its automobile/population ratio.
- 1973:Population of 24,807 recorded in Andorra.
- Andorra's legislative assembly is reordered, ending the establishment of new letterbox enterprises by foreigners, thus effectively halting Andorra's function as a corporate tax haven.
- 1974: April 4-Contract signed between tobacco farmers and manufacturers.
- 1975: March 21-Spain issues a decree, originally published in September 1974, which requires the holders of French identity cards entering Spain from Andorra to produce passports.
- May 14 -Andorra is accepted as a member of the world Olympic movement.
- The National Archives of Andorra is founded in Andorra la Vella.
- 1976:The Sanctuary of Meritxell is rebuilt by Catalan architect Ricardo Bofill.
- 1978: The six Parishes of Andorra are expanded to seven, with the establishment of the parish of Escaldes-Engordany.
- 1979: December:Prenegotiations over the EC-Andorra Agreement as an Epiphenomenon of the Accession of Spain to the European Community are started in Brussels.
- Waldman, Carl; Mason, Catherine (April 2006). Encyclopedia of European peoples. Infobase Publishing. p. 21. ISBN 978-0-8160-4964-6. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Augustin, Byron (January 2009). Andorra. Marshall Cavendish. p. 108. ISBN 978-0-7614-3122-0. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Augustin, Byron (January 2009). Andorra. Marshall Cavendish. p. 83. ISBN 978-0-7614-3122-0. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations: Europe. Worldmark Press : distributed in the U.S.A. and Canada by Wiley. January 1976. pp. 9–11. ISBN 978-0-471-74833-5. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Europa Publications Limited (1975). The Europa year book. Europa Publications. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Langer, Marshall J. (1979). Practical international tax planning. Practising Law Institute. p. 317. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Vaccaro, Ismael; Beltran, Oriol (2010). Social and ecological history of the Pyrenees: state, market, and landscape. Left Coast Press. p. 183. ISBN 978-1-59874-613-6. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Worldmark encyclopedia of the nations. Gale Research. 1995. p. 15. ISBN 978-0-8103-9883-2. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Encyclopædia Britannica; Incorporated (1976). Britannica Book of the Year. Encyclopædia Britannica. p. 122. ISBN 978-0-85229-311-9. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "A Concise History of Andorra". Medinnus. Archived from the original on 28 January 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Zartman, I. William (31 July 2002). Power and Negotiation. University of Michigan Press. p. 112. ISBN 978-0-472-08907-9. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
|This Andorra-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|