1981 Seiko World Super Tennis
|1981 Seiko World Super Tennis|
|Category||Grand Prix (Super Series)|
|Draw||32S / 16D|
|Surface||Carpet / indoor|
|Venue||Yoyogi National Stadium|
|Vincent Van Patten |
|Victor Amaya / Hank Pfister |
The 1981 Seiko World Super Tennis also known as the Tokyo Indoor was a men's tennis tournament played on indoor carpet courts at the Yoyogi National Stadium in Tokyo, Japan that was part of the Super Series of the 1981 Volvo Grand Prix circuit. The tournament was held from 26 October through 30 October 1981. Matches were the best of three sets. Unseeded Vincent Van Patten won the singles titles. On his way to the final he defeated seeded players José Luis Clerc (3), Vitas Gerulaitis (5), and John McEnroe (1).
- It was Van Patten's only singles title of his career.
- "1981 Tokyo Indoor – Singles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1981 Tokyo Indoor – Doubles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1982). Slazengers World of Tennis 1982 : The Official Yearbook of the International Tennis Federation (14th ed.). London: Queen Anne Press. pp. 110–111. ISBN 9780356085968.
- "Van Patten has magic touch". The Journal News. 2 November 1981. p. D5 – via Newspapers.com.