1st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Brigade
|1st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Brigade|
|Active||1 September 2014-Present|
|Role||Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance|
|Part of||Force Troops Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Trenchard Lines, Upavon|
|Equipment||Weapon Locating Radar
1st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Brigade (1 ISR Bde) of the British Army was created as part of the Army 2020 reforms. Falling under Force Troops Command it became operational on 1 September 2014 and has responsibility for all British Army ISR capabilities including electronic warfare and signals intelligence; Weapon Locating Radar and other technical surveillance equipment; surveillance and target acquisition patrols; and unmanned aerial systems. It is intended to be able to deploy tailored ISR Groups to support deployments.
|Unit||Role||Regular or Reserve||Location|
|14 Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare)||Ground based electronic warfare and signals intelligence||Regular||Cawdor Barracks|
|5th Regiment Royal Artillery||Weapon Locating Radar, medium and heavy ground based ISTAR||Regular||Marne Barracks|
|Honourable Artillery Company||STA Patrols and light ground based intelligence||Reserve||Finsbury Barracks|
|32 Regiment Royal Artillery||Integrated Unmanned Aerial Systems (IUAS). To be disbanded and personnel distributed to other parts of the British Army as part of Army 2020.||Regular||Larkhill|
|47 Regiment Royal Artillery||Integrated Unmanned Aerial Systems (IUAS)||Regular||Larkhill|
|104 Regiment Royal Artillery||Integrated Unmanned Aerial Systems (IUAS). To convert to 105 Light Gun and transfer to 1 Artillery Brigade in 2017.||Reserve||Newport|
|1 Military Intelligence Battalion||Military Intelligence||Regular||Catterick|
|2 Military Intelligence (Exploitation) Battalion||Material and Personnel Exploitation||Regular||Upavon|
|3 Military Intelligence Battalion||Military Intelligence||Reserve||Hackney|
|4 Military Intelligence Battalion||Military Intelligence||Regular||Bulford|
|5 Military Intelligence Battalion||Military Intelligence||Reserve||Edinburgh|
|6 Military Intelligence Battalion||Military Intelligence||Reserve||Manchester|
|7 Military Intelligence Battalion||Military Intelligence||Reserve||Bristol|
|Defence Cultural Specialist Unit||Support to Military Intelligence units||Regular||Denison Barracks|
|Weapons Material and Personnel Exploitation Capacity||Support to Military Intelligence units||Regular|
|Land Intelligence Fusion Centre||Intelligence reachback||Regular||Denison Barracks|
|Specialist Group Military Intelligence||Professional augmentation to intelligence capacities||Reserve||Denison Barracks|
|21 (Artists) (Reserve) SAS Regiment||Human, Environment, Reconnaissance and Analysis patrols||Reserve||Regent's Park Barracks|
|23 (Reserve) SAS Regiment||Human, Environment, Reconnaissance and Analysis patrols||Reserve||Kingstanding|
- "Jane's International Defence Review". May 2014: p.4.
- "Transforming the British Army" (PDF). British Army. 12 July 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 June 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Force Troops Command: Overview and Brigades" (PDF). British Army. 14 March 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Strategic Defence and Security Review - Army: Written statement - HCWS367". UK Parliament. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Letter from Brigadier Mead". 1st Artillery Brigade and Headquarters South West. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "7 Military Intelligence Battalion". British Army. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- Robertshaw, Martin (7 March 2013). "Denison Barracks to continue as military base". Newbury Weekly News. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Army Briefing Note 120/14, Newly Formed Force Troops Command Specialist Brigades: "It commands all of the Army’s Intelligence, Surveillance and EW assets, and is made up of units specifically from the former 1 MI Bde and 1 Arty Bde, as well as 14 Sig Regt, 21 and 23 SAS(R)."
|This article about a specific British military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|