2007 in Angola
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in Angola|
Events from the year 2007 in Angola
- President: José Eduardo dos Santos
- Prime Minister: Fernando da Piedade Dias dos Santos
- President of the National Assembly: Roberto Victor de Almeida
- June 28: A TAAG-Angola Airlines Boeing 737 crashes in northern Angola resulting in the death of at least five passengers on the same day the European Union bans the airline from European airspace.
- August 21: The governments of Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo are negotiating over a line demarcating each nation's respective rights to petroleum in the Atlantic Ocean. The DRC is expected to gain exploration rights to billions of untapped barrels worth of oil.
- September 21: Angolan police arrest Jomo Gbomo, the head of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, a rebel organization in Nigeria.
- "Five killed, 66 hurt in Angolan airline crash-landing". News Limited. Archived from the original on December 11, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
- "DRC, Angola to demarcate petroleum exploration zone". People's Daily. Retrieved 2008-03-02.