2011 Women's National Invitation Tournament
The 2011 Women's National Invitation Tournament (WNIT) is a single-elimination tournament of 64 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I teams that did not participate in the 2011 NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Tournament. The tournament is played entirely on campus sites. The highest ranked team in each conference that did not receive a bid to the NCAA Tournament received an automatic bid to this tournament. The remaining slots were filled by the WNIT Selection Committee.
- 1 2010 Preseason WNIT
- 2 2011 Postseason WNIT
- 3 Participants
- 4 Brackets
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
2010 Preseason WNIT
At the beginning of the season, there is a Preseason WNIT.
- The games for round one were played on November 12.
- Purdue* 93, Austin Peay 53
- Toledo* 71, St. Francis (PA) 66
- South Dakota State* 87, Utah Valley 38
- Hampton 69, James Madison* 64
- DePaul* 84, Valparaiso 53
- Missouri State* 83, Lamar 60
- Charlotte* 72, Iona 40
- Florida* 77, Central Florida 67
- The games for round two were played on November 15.
Semifinals and Finals
|South Dakota State||40|
Note: Asterisk denotes home team
- The games for Consolation round one were played on Friday, November 19.
- Central Florida 59, Iona 48
- James Madison 64, St. Francis (PA) 49
- Valparaiso 72, Austin Peay 57
- Lamar 83, Utah Valley 66
- The games for Consolation round two were played on Saturday, November 20.
- James Madison 82, Central Florida 78 (OT)
- Lamar 74, Valparaiso 58
- St. Francis (PA) 77, Iona 64
- Austin Peay 73, Utah Valley 69
- The games for Consolation round three were played on November 19 or 20.
- Charlotte 64, Hampton 57
- Missouri State 73, Toledo 69
2011 Postseason WNIT
The 2011 Women's National Invitation Tournament (WNIT) is a single-elimination tournament of 64 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I teams that did not participate in the 2010 NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Tournament. The 43rd annual tournament was played from March 16, 2011 to April 2, 2011, entirely on campus sites. The highest ranked team in each conference that did not receive a bid to the NCAA Tournament received an automatic bid to this tournament. The remaining slots were filled by the WNIT Selection Committee.
Results to date (* by score indicates game went to overtime; H indicates host school):
|UC Santa Barbara||64|
|Florida Gulf Coast||69|
|Florida Gulf Coast||73|
NIT Semifinals and NIT Championship Game
Played at host schools
- 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament
- 2011 NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Tournament
- 2011 National Invitation Tournament
- 2011 Women's Basketball Invitational