Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino
|Hosted by||Film Development Council of the Philippines|
|No. of films||12|
Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (lit. Festival of Filipino Films), abbreviated as PPP, is a film festival held in the Philippines in celebration of the Buwan ng Wika. It is organized by the Film Development Council of the Philippines. Similar to the Metro Manila Film Festival, only shortlisted films will be shown in cinemas except in 3D or IMAX theaters.
Entry films had to be submitted in a finished state by June 15, 2017. The official entries were determined by a selection committee composing of Erik Matti, Joey Javier Reyes, Manet A. Dayrit, Ricky Lee, Lee Meily, Oggs Cruz, and Iza Calzado. The official entries were revealed on June 30, 2017.
- 100 Tula Para Kay Stella by Jason Paul Laxamana
- Ang Manananggal sa Unit 23B by Prime Cruz
- AWOL by Enzo Willaims
- Bar Boys by Kip Oebanda
- Birdshot by Mikhail Red
- Hamog by Ralston Jover
- Paglipay by Zig Dulay
- Patay na si Hesus by Victor Villanueva
- Pauwi Na by Paolo Villaluna
- Salvage by Sherad Anthony Sanchez
- Star na si Van Damme Stallone by Randolph Longjas
- Triptiko by Miguel Franco Michelena
The second edition will be held on August 15 to 21, 2018 in all theaters nationwide, except specialty cinemas including, among others, IMAX, 4DX, Director’s Club, A-Giant (Large Format Cinema), Christie laser projection powered and all Gold Class Screens. However, there are some entries like Ang Babaeng Allergic sa WiFi shown in Director's Clubs in SM Aura in Taguig City and Madilim ang Gabi and Pinay Beauty in SM City East Ortigas in Pasig City. On August 18, 2018, The Meg continued showing in regular cinemas.
8 main entries
Entry films had to be submitted in a finished state by June 15, 2018. The finalists were revealed on July 9, 2018 at the Sequioa Hotel in Quezon City.
- Ang Babaeng Allergic sa WiFi by Jun Robles Lana
- Bakwit Boys by Jason Paul Laxamana
- Madilim ang Gabi (Dark is The Night) by Adolfo Alix Jr.
- Pinay Beauty by Jay Abello
- Signal Rock by Chito Roño
- The Day After Valentines by Jason Paul Laxamana
- Unli Life by Miko Livelo
- We Will Not Die Tonight by Richard Somes
Special features section
- Balangiga: Howling Wilderness by Khavn (QCinema International Film Festival 2017 Circle Competition Best Picture)
- Gusto Kita With All My Hypothalamus by Dwein Baltazar (CineFilipino 2018 2nd Best Picture)
- High Tide by Tara Illenberger (TOFARM Film Festival 2017 Best Picture)
- Kiko Boksingero by Thop Nazareno (Cinemalaya 2017)
- Paki by Giancarlo Abrahan (Cinema One Originals 2017 Best Picture)
- Tu Pug Imatuy by Arnel Barbarona (Sinag Maynila 2017 Best Picture)
- Gallardo, Ricky (13 August 2017). "Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino is on". BusinessMirror. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- Navarro, Mell. "Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 2017 of Film Development Council of the Phils and Sine Kabataan of National Youth Commission". Facebook. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
- "Official selection for 'Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino' revealed". GMA News. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 19 August 2017.
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|