2019 Colombia DC-3 crash
HK-2494, the aircraft involved, seen in July 2012
|Date||9 March 2019|
|Summary||Crashed onto ground; under investigation|
|Site||Vereda La Bendición, San Martín, Meta, Colombia|
|Aircraft type||Douglas DC-3|
|Operator||Latinoamericana de Servicios Aereo|
|Flight origin||Jorge Enrique González Torres Airport, San José del Guaviare, Colombia|
|Destination||La Vanguardia Airport, Villavicencio, Colombia|
On 9 March 2019 a Douglas DC-3 operated by Latinoamericana de Servicios Aereo (Laser Aéreo) crashed near San Carlos de Guaroa, Colombia. The plane was on a flight from Jorge Enrique González Torres Airport, San José del Guaviare to La Vanguardia Airport, Villavicencio. All 14 people on board were killed. The crew were attempting to land at Villavicencio and had just declared an emergency.
The Aeronautica Civil reports that the aircraft, registered HK-2494, was built in 1945, for the United States Army Air Force (USAAF) as a Douglas TC-47B-DK (USAAF 44-76773 / MSN 16357 / 33105) , and converted to a Douglas R4D-7 (USN Bureau Number 99826) for the United States Navy on 14 May 1945. Re-designated as a Douglas TC-47K in 1962, it was transferred to the University of Texas at Austin on 8 Oct 1971 with civil registration N87611.
- Hradecky, Simon (9 March 2019). "Crash: Laser Colombia DC3 near Villavicencio on Mar 9th 2019, lost height on approach". avherald.com. The Aviation Herald. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "Se estrelló avioneta en el Meta: confirman 12 víctimas, entre las que habría una alcaldesa" [Plane crashed in Meta: 12 victims confirmed, including a mayor] (in Spanish). Pulzo. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Accident description for HK2494 at the Aviation Safety Network
- "Colombia plane crash 'kills 12'". BBC News. 9 March 2019. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- Kaminski-Morrow, David (10 March 2019). "No survivors from Laser DC-3 crash in Colombia". Flightglobal.com. Flightglobal. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- Niles, Russ (10 March 2019). "DC-3 Airliner Crash Kills 14 - AVweb flash Article". www.avweb.com. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- Baugher, Joe. "US Navy and US Marine Corps BuNos--Third Series (90020 to 99860)". www.joebaugher.com. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
|This article about an aviation accident is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Colombia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|