|2020 West Coast Conference men's basketball tournament|
|Champions||Gonzaga (18th title)|
|Winning coach||Mark Few (16th title)|
|MVP||Joël Ayayi (Gonzaga)|
|Television||ESPN, ESPN2, BYUtv|
|2019–20 West Coast Conference men's basketball standings|
|No. 2 Gonzaga †||15||–||1||.938||31||–||2||.939|
|No. 14 BYU||13||–||3||.813||24||–||8||.750|
|† 2020 WCC tournament winner|
Rankings from AP poll
The 2020 West Coast Conference men's basketball tournament was the postseason men's basketball tournament for the West Coast Conference during the 2019–20 NCAA Division I men's basketball season, held March 5–10 at the Orleans Arena in Paradise, Nevada.
Second-ranked Gonzaga won the tournament and received the conference's automatic bid to the 68-team NCAA tournament, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For the second consecutive year, the Los Angeles-based University Credit Union was the title sponsor of the tournament.
For the twelfth consecutive year, the WCC tournament was held in the Orleans Arena, with a seating capacity of 7,471 for basketball. The tournament is scheduled to be held at the Orleans Arena at least until 2022. The venue is located at the 1,886-room Orleans Hotel and Casino, about a mile (1.6 km) west of the Las Vegas Strip.
All ten WCC teams participated in the tournament, seeded by conference record, with a tiebreaker system for identical conference records. The tournament returned to a format similar to that used from 2003 to 2011, with slight changes to the terminology used for the rounds prior to the semifinals. The 7 through 10 seeds played in the "first round", the 5 and 6 seeds started play in the "second round", and the 3 and 4 seeds started in the "third round". The top two seeds received byes into the semifinals.
|Seed||School||Record||Tiebreaker 1||Tiebreaker 2|
|3||Saint Mary's||11–5||1–1 vs. Pacific||2–0 vs. USF|
|4||Pacific||11–5||1–1 vs. St. Mary's||1–1 vs. USF|
|First round – Thursday March 5, 2020|
|1||1||6:00 pm||No. 8 Loyola Marymount vs. No. 9 San Diego||75–61||BYUtv||1,983|
|2||8:00 pm||No. 7 Santa Clara vs. No. 10 Portland||76–62|
|Second round – Friday March 6, 2020|
|2||3||6:00 pm||No. 5 San Francisco vs. No. 8 Loyola Marymount||82–53||BYUtv||3,850|
|4||8:00 pm||No. 6 Pepperdine vs. No. 7 Santa Clara||84–73|
|Third round – Saturday, March 7, 2020|
|3||5||7:00 pm||No. 4 Pacific vs. No. 5 San Francisco||54–72||ESPN2||4,350|
|6||9:00 pm||No. 3 Saint Mary's vs. No. 6 Pepperdine||89–82|
|Semifinals – Monday, March 9, 2020|
|4||7||6:00 pm||No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 5 San Francisco||81–77||ESPN||7,471|
|8||8:30 pm||No. 2 BYU vs. No. 3 Saint Mary's||50–51||ESPN2|
|Championship – Tuesday, March 10, 2020|
|5||9||6:00 pm||No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 3 Saint Mary's||84–66||ESPN||7,210|
|*Game times in PT. #-Rankings denote tournament seeding.|
|First round |
Thursday, March 5
|Second round |
Friday, March 6
|Third round |
Saturday, March 7
Monday, March 9
ESPN & ESPN2
Tuesday, March 10
|9||San Diego||61||8||Loyola Marymount||53|
|7||Santa Clara||76||7||Santa Clara||73|
- "West Coast Conference Official Athletic Site". wccsports.com. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Exploring the absurd odds of a perfect bracket | NCAA.com". www.ncaa.com. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "West Coast Conference Partners with University Credit Union as Title Sponsor of Basketball Championships". wccsports.com. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "Orleans Arena, Las Vegas Event Production | OrleansArena.com". 2008-01-22. Archived from the original on 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "West Coast Conference agrees to three-year extension to hold tournaments at Orleans Arena | The Spokesman-Review". www.spokesman.com. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- Hawks, John; Higgins, Tom (2009-02-03). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Las Vegas: The Savvy Vacationer's Guide to All Things Las Vegas. Penguin. ISBN 978-1-4406-8515-6.
- "UCU WCC Basketball Tournament Sold Out". wccsports.com. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "Explaining Tiebreakers for the West Coast Conference standings". CougarSportsInsider.com. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "WCC approves significant changes to scheduling, tournament format | The Spokesman-Review". www.spokesman.com. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Brackets, Game Times Announced for 2020 WCC Basketball Tournament". wccsports.com. Retrieved 2020-04-07.