220 Volt (band)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Voltergeist (1990-1992)|
|Years active||1979-1992, 2002-present|
|Labels||CBS, Epic, Swedmetal Records|
|Past members||Mike Krusenberg|
The band's career began in 1979, but began to flow when they released the first single "Prisoner Of War" in 1982. When a radio station in New Jersey played the single it soon became one of the most wanted songs, the record company CBS then offered them a record contract.
The first "220 Volt" disc was released in 1983 and it sold around 10,000 copies only in Sweden alone. In addition to Sweden, the band has been very popular in Japan, Germany and the United States. In 1984, the band performed with Nazareth (12 concerts) and 1986 with AC / DC (7 concerts). These gigs increased the bands popularity.
In 1992, the 220 volt disbanded, but in 2002, the band was reunited with the same lineup as on their first single. They organized popular concerts both in Jämtland and elsewhere in Sweden. Volume 1 was the first recording released in the 2000s, it contains both new material and parts of a concert from Sweden Rock 2002. The printed edition was only made in 1000 copies, but is available on iTunes.
In 2005, the band released its first live-in "Made in Jämtland" recorded during a number of concerts in just Jämtland. At the end of 2008, drummer Peter Hermansson stopped and no permanent substitute has been announced.
In 2009, the band recorded a new EP with new versions of the popular "Heavy Christmas" and 3 other songs. Singer Jocke Lundholm returned for this recording and the band also borrowed drummer Björn Höglund from Hoven Droven. The album was released under the title Heavy Christmas - Revisited.
- Current members
- Mats Karlsson - guitars, vocals (1979-1992, 2002–present)
- Thomas Drevin - guitars (1979-1984, 2002–present)
- Peter Hermansson - drums (1982-1992, 2002-2008, 2012-present)
- Anders Engberg - lead vocals (2013–present)
- Former members
- Mike Krusenberg (ca 1982- 1992, 2002-2013)
- Christer Nääs - lead vocals (1979-1983, 2002-2008)
- Tommy Hellström - bass (1979-1980)
- Micke Larsson - bass (1984)
- Pelle Hansson - drums (1979-1982)
- Jocke Lundholm - lead vocals (1983-1990,1997,2009)
- Peter Olander - guitar (1984-1992)
- Per Englund - lead vocals (1990-1992) (never lead vocals for 220 Volt, lead vocals for Voltergeist)
- Studio albums
- 220 Volt (1983, CBS)
- Powergames (1984, CBS)
- Mind Over Muscle (1985, CBS)
- Eye to Eye (1988, Epic)
- Lethal Illusion (1997, Empire Records) (digitally released 2009)
- Walking in Starlight (2014, AOR Heaven)
- Heavy Christmas (1987, CBS)
- Heavy Christmas - Revisited (2009) (Digitally released 2009)
- Electric Messengers (released for the U.S. market 1985, Epic)
- Young and Wild (1987, CBS)
- Volume 1 (2002) (digitally released 2009)
- Live albums
- Made in Jamtland (live) (2005, Swedmetal Records) (digitally released 2009)
- "One Good Reason" (2013)
- https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=265414682060&ref=search (The official 220 Volt Facebook group)