2671st Special Reconnaissance Battalion (United States)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|2671st Special Reconnaissance Battalion|
The 2671st Special Reconnaissance Battalion was organized at Caserta, Italy on 1 August 1944 under the sponsorship of U.S. 5th Army. It immediately was transferred to the Office of Strategic Services, where it remained for the duration of the war. It had been originally organized as the OSS Operational Group (Provisional) in North Africa on 4 May 1943.
Campaign participation Credit
- Naples-Foggia (9 September 1943 – 21 January 1944)
- Rome-Arno (22 January 1944 – 9 September 1944)
- North Apennines (10 September 1944 – 4 April 1945)
- Po Valley (5 April 1945 – 8 May 1945)
The battalion was located in Salzburg, Austria on 14 August 1945
The battalion was disbanded in Austria on 1 October 1945.
- Records of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS)