355th Reconnaissance Aviation Squadron
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|355th Reconnaissance Aviation Squadron
355. izviđačka avijacijska eskadrila
|Active||June 20, 1958 – 1968|
|Branch||Yugoslav Air Force|
|Part of||172nd Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment|
The 355th Reconnaissance Aviation Squadron (Serbo-Croatian: 355. izviđačka avijacijska eskadrila / 355. извиђачка авијацијска ескадрила) was an aviation squadron of Yugoslav Air Force established on June 20, 1958 as 16th Reconnaissance Squadron of Anti-Aircraft Artillery (Serbo-Croatian: 16. izviđačka eskadrila protivavionske avijacije/ 16. извиђачка ескадрила противавионске авијације).
Squadron was formed as reconnaissance, but its main role was pulling of aerial targets for the training of School Center of Anti-Aircraft Artillery at Zadar. It was equipped with British-made de Havilland Mosquito aircraft. By 1962 it was reequipped with US-made Lockheed TV-2 Shooting Star jet-trainer aircraft equipped for aerial reconnaissance.
Squadron was renumbered by order from May 12, 1964 in to 355th Reconnaissance Aviation Squadron, being an independent squadron for short time. In 1965 it was assigned to 172nd Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment.
It was disbanded in 1968.
- School Center of Anti-Aircraft Artillery (1958–1959)
- 9th Air Command (1959–1964)
- Independent (1964–1965)
- 172nd Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (1965-1968)
- 16th Reconnaissance Squadron of Anti-Aircraft Artillery (1958–1964)
- 355th Reconnaissance Aviation Squadron (1964–1968)
- Zemunik (1958-1968)
- Dimitrijević, Bojan. Jugoslovensko Ratno Vazduhoplovstvo 1942-1992. Beograd, 2006, p. 365.
- Dimitrijević, Bojan. Jugoslovensko Ratno Vazduhoplovstvo 1942-1992. Beograd, 2006, p. 370.