4shbab (Arabic: 4شباب, or فور شباب, "For the Youth") is an Arabic-language satellite television station headquartered in Cairo, Egypt and broadcast out of Bahrain. The station refers to itself as "Islam's own MTV". and it seeks to "provide superior art form and content... to balance conservation and rehabilitation of young people... [and] the promotion of moral and religious values."  Dr. Ali Al'omari serves as the Chairman of the station, and Ahmed Abu Haiba is the founder and Executive Director of 4Shbab.
According to a 2009 Associated Press article, the founder of the channel, Ahmed Abu Haiba, said that he opened the station to show that Muslims can be in touch with the contemporary world. One of the programs is Soutak Wasel ("Your Voice is Heard"), nicknamed "Islamic Idol" by Abu Haiba, a program similar to American Idol. Soutak Wasel features all male performers and an audience separated by gender.
This section's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
As of April 2013, programming includes:
- Mozakkerat Sa'eh 6, travel
- ayoha alensan, Islamic values
- tratesh, dramatic comedy
- Khareg Al Sandook, comparison of Islam in the past and in the present
- windows, views of Islamic laws and values in light of current events
- Men Awel Al Satr, social and political talk show
- Fiqh Al Asr, youth and religion
- U-turn, competition
- Al Khaima, Islamic music
- Al Hassan and al Hussein, historical drama
- Mafaheem3, Islamic faith
- Katalog 3, comedy drama
- Azimi, Negar. "Islam's Answer to MTV". New York Times. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Stack, Liam. "'Islamic MTV' Takes on Brash World of Arab Pop Videos," ABC News. 12 April 2009. Retrieved on 24 May 2009.
- "About Us". 4Shbab. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Al-Shalchi, Hadeel. "‘ISLAMIC IDOL’." Associated Press at Houston Chronicle. 18 May 2009. Retrieved on 24 May 2009.
- "Programs". 4Shbab. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- The Arab Music Channel 4Shbab: Music for the Young That Is Pleasing to God
- Cosmopolitan Islamism and its Critics: An Article About 4Shbab and Ahmed Abu Haiba in Arab Media and Society
- Rapping for Allah - The New Channel for the Muslim MTV Generation
|This article about a television station in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|