528 Rezia is a minor planet orbiting the Sun. It was discovered by Max Wolf on March 20, 1904. It is named for a character in the 1826 opera Oberon by Carl Maria von Weber. Among the 248 discoveries by Wolf, he also discovered 527 Euryanthe and 529 Preziosa on the same day.
In 1907, August Kopff's November 1 sighting of the provisionally titled 1907 AQ was instead determined to be 528 Rezia.
In 1987, it was reported that Rezia has a flat spectrum and IRAS albedo value pv=0.54 ± 0.0004, which is very dark and consistent with a C-type asteroid.
- ^ a b Dictionary of Minor Planet Names, Vol. 6, p. 55 (6th ed. 2012)
- ^ (16 November 1907). Science Gossip, The Athanaeum, No. 4177, p. 625
- ^ Photographic Observations of Asteroids, Astronomische Nachrichten, volume 190, Issue 3, p.55 (1911)
- ^ Minor Planet Notes, The Observatory (December 1907), p. 466-67
- ^ Vilas, Faith and McFadden, Lucy Ann. New CCD Reflectance Spectra of Outer Belt Asteroids, Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, Vol. 19, p.825 (1987)