911 Special Forces Regiment
|911 Special Forces Regiment|
|Allegiance||HM The King|
|Branch||Royal Cambodian Army|
|Role||Airborne operations, reconnaissance, anti-terrorist unit|
|Part of||Royal Cambodian Armed Forces|
Organization and structure
The Operation Base of the special forces airborne 911 unit (SF-911) is near Takethmey Village, Kambol Commune, Angsnoul District, Kandal Province. This unit is under direct command of the High Command Headquarters of Royal Cambodian Armed Forces. The SF-911 have seven branches with 14 battalions under their control.
Following units is distributed in the Battalions:
- Commando 1 to Commando 4 (Airborne Commando)
- Commando 5 to Commando 9 (Attack Commando)
- Commando 10 to Commando 12 (Support Commando)
- Special Group 13 Close Protection
- Counter terrorist 14 Group
Total staff 5,000
Counter terrorist 14 Group is Cambodian first specialized anti terrorist unit, and is SF-911 SWAT component. Counter terrorist 14 Group support law enforcement in anti terrorist operations
The SF regularly conduct trainings and joint exercises such as:
- Special forces 6 course (commando Red Barret)
- Airborne 11 Course (para)
- Freefall 3 Course
- Scuba 3 Course (Chhak Sea)
- Terrorist Counter 3 Course (T.O)
- Training has also been conducted in Indonesia under a special program at Batujajar. Batujajar special forces training center is located 22 kilometers from Bandung (West Java), where SF soldiers have been trained in parachute jumping and Landing zone tactics.
The special forces' equipment varies from that of the rest of the army. For example, the AK-47 (Type 56) rifle, although reliable and abundant, is not accurate, and is too powerful for safe use by elite units specializing in close quarters combat and hostage situations.
The forces are the first confirmed foreign user of the new Chinese QBZ-95series of a bullpup assault rifles. Technically this rifle is a QBZ-97, a Type 97A added 3-round burst mode and bolt hold-open device, with a different casing made by Jian She Group for export.
- "อวดขีปนาวุธ..สอย F16 ได้จริง ฮุนเซน ไม่ได้โม้!! - IndoChina - Manager Online" (in Thai). Manager.co.th. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Army of Cambodia.|