A4 motorway (Slovenia)
|From||Slivnica (Maribor), Slovenia|
|To||A2, Croatia at Gruškovje border crossing|
|Major cities||Maribor, Ptuj|
The A4 motorway (Slovene: avtocesta A4, Podravski krak) is a motorway in Slovenia, planned to be 33.7 km long, connecting Maribor and Gruškovje (at the Croatian border). It also connects the two principal cities of the Podravska region of Slovenia, Maribor and Ptuj. Construction began in 2007 and is scheduled to be completed in 2018.
The A4 consists of three sections:
- Slivnica (Maribor) – Draženci (Ptuj): opened on 16 July 2009.
- Section Draženci - Gruškovje develops along the existing highway. A reconstruction of parallel local roads is also planned now. Of this section shall be in 2011-2012 produced a project for a building permit and bought land in accordance with the adopted national spatial plan.
- Section Draženci - Podlehnik opened on November 22, 2017.
- Construction on section Podlehnik - Gruškovje started in 2016 and should finish in autumn 2018.
- An international border check point Gruškovje was built in the spring of 2003 on the future route of the highway. This was a condition for the entry of Slovenia into the Schengen space in December 2007. Then in December 2009 a 0.56 km section of the highway was opened from the check point to the actual border with the Republic of Croatia, where it attaches to the Croatian motorway network in Macelj. The border crossing area is adjacent to the border control, built a 2 overpass with deviation of the future regional road.
Junctions, exits and rest area
|A1 (Slivnica) – Gruškovje (33,7 km)|
|x km||Slivnica interchange||A1 turns toward -> or Ljubljana|
|(1)||x km||Airport||Maribor Edvard Rusjan Airport|
|(2)||x km||Marjeta na Dravskem Polju|
|Prepolje toll plaza|
|x km||Počivališče Dravsko Polje||OMV / OMV|
|(5)||x km||Draženci interchange|
|(6)||x km||Lancova Vas||
|Opened in November 2017|
|(7)||x km||Podlehnik||Opened in November 2017|
|x km||Gruškovje – Macelj border crossing|
|Autocesta A2 → to Zagreb, Croatia|
Sections marked red have not yet been built.
- "Bosnia's Euro Asfalt launches works on Drazenci-Gruskovje motorway in Slovenia - SeeNews - Business intelligence for Southeast Europe". seenews.com. Retrieved 2016-06-17.