Capital District (VHSL)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Capital District schools compete in the 6A, 5A, 4A, and 3A divisions.
Facts about the District
The district contained seven schools until 2003, when new Hanover High School opened. The district went back to seven schools the next year when John F. Kennedy merged with Armstrong. In 2010, the district expanded back to eight schools when newly constructed Glen Allen High School was opened. In 2015 Glen Allen High School was moved to the Colonial District for proximity reasons. Patrick Henry was pulled from the colonial district and placed in the capital district.
- Armstrong High School of Richmond, Virginia
- Atlee High School of Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Hanover High School of Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Henrico High School of Richmond, Virginia
- Highland Springs High School of Highland Springs, Virginia
- Lee-Davis High School of Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Varina High School of Richmond, Virginia
- Patrick Henry High School of Ashland, Virginia