ANZ bank at Sigatoka, Fiji
|Bank, Subsidiary of ANZ Group|
|Founded||December 16, 1880|
|Saud Minam CEO of ANZ Fiji and Pacific Operations|
|Products||Business Banking and Retail Banking, Markets/International Trade Services, Risk, Credit, Operations and Human Resources|
ANZ Fiji is the largest bank in Fiji and has about a 40% market share. ANZ Fiji currently run three Prime Suites and 16 branches country-wide including a branch at Nadi International Airport and an agency at Nausori airport. ANZ is also only provider of Rural Banking Services in Fiji, with 6 teams serving a total of 471 communities and schools.
ANZ Fiji traces its presence in Fiji back to 1873 through an acquisition. Investors from Auckland established the Fiji Banking and Commercial Trading Company Limited in 1873. However, the bank's owners sold it in 1876 to the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ); ANZ Group acquired BNZ’s operations in 1990 after 114 years of Bank of New Zealand ownership.
ANZ’s own entry into the Pacific region dates back to 16 December 1880 when the Union Bank of Australia (est.1837) opened a branch in the old capital of Fiji, Levuka. However, the bank closed the branch in 1895. In 1951 Union Bank’s successor, ANZ, returned to Fiji with a representative office that it upgraded to a branch.
In 1985 ANZ acquired Barclays Bank’s operations, which Barclays had established in 1973. In 2001 ANZ bought Bank of Hawaii’s Bankoh subsidiary, which had three branches throughout Fiji. Bankoh had entered the Fijian banking market in 1993.
In February 2017, ANZ Fiji appointed Saud Abdul Minam as CEO of ANZ Fiji and Pacific Operations. Previously, Saud Abdul Minam served as Head of Commercial, Pacific at Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Limited. During his tenure as Head of Commercial, ANZ has announced free access to its internet banking platform and website for Vodafone Fiji users.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)|
- "ANZ Fiji confirms new boss". Newswire. Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "Stocks". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "15% increase in ANZ's online banking transactions". Newswire. Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- Butlin, S. J. 1961. Australia and New Zealand Bank: The Bank of Australasia and the Union Bank of Australia Limited, 1828-1951. London: Longmans, p. 207.
- Chappell, N.M. 1961. New Zealand Banker’s Hundred: A History of the Bank of New Zealand, 1861-1961. Wellington: Bank of New Zealand.
- Narube, S. and B.T. Whiteside. 1985. “Financial Institutions and Markets in Fiji”. In M. T. Skully, ed. Financial Institutions and Markets in the Southwest Pacific. London: Macmillan Press.
- Tschoegl, A.E. 2005. Foreign Banks in the Pacific: A Note. Journal of Pacific History.
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|