AXIS Flight Training Systems
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Graz, Austria (2004)|
|Products||Flight Training Devices, FNPTs, FTDs, Full Flight Simulators|
AXIS Flight Training Systems GmbH supplies flight training equipment in compliance with all regulatory standards (EASA, FAA), ranging from Flat Panel Trainers to Full Flight Simulators. The innovative modular design and the use of OEM quality simulated aircraft parts enhance simulator reliability, assure the highest fidelity for pilot training and help to keep down costs throughout the whole lifecycle.
2004 AXIS was founded in Graz/Austria by aviation experts with sophisticated soft- and hardware skills, well proven in the industry. This team of engineers and professional pilots decided to enter the market not in the usual way. Instead of building lower level training devices first and expanding the product range later on, AXIS's first design was already a level D Full Flight Simulator.
2009 Design of the New Generation Full Flight Simulator with 6-DOF electric motion base and a highly ergonomic Instructor Operation Station with upright TFT touch screens.
2010 The engineering and production departments moved to a new facility in Lebring. This increase in manufacturing capacity enables the company to manufacture multiple training devices simultaneously. The relocation became necessary with the consecutive orders of two Full Flight Simulators and an accompanying order for a Flat Panel Trainer.
Currently, AXIS manufactures Full Flight Simulators and Flight Training Devices for all types and configurations of aircraft from business jets like the Cessna XLS, to turboprop commuters like ATR 42/72 and passenger jetliners like the Fokker 100.
Full Flight Simulators (FFS)
- Up to 60 inches stroke 6-DOF electric or hydraulic motion base
- 180 x 40 degrees collimated visual system with high resolution 3-channel digital projection system and latest lightweight DLP projection technology
- Real time systems provide deterministic response behavior with minimized time delays between simulation kernel, vision and motion systems
- Three-dimensional reproduction of the real acoustic landscape
- Modular design allows customization for all training requirements
Flight Training Devices (FTD)
- Certification according to EASA and FAA regulations
- Replication of specific aircraft cockpit, aircraft and avionic systems
- Electric control loading system
- Up to 3 channel vision system with spherical projection wall
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2010-10-04.