Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||K. Viswanath|
|Produced by||D. Madhusudhana Rao|
Gollapudi Maruthi Rao|
|Screenplay by||K. Viswanath|
Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani|
Gollapudi Maruthi Rao
|Based on||Aathma Gouravam (Novel)|
Akkineni Nageswara Rao|
|Music by||Saluri Rajeswara Rao|
|Cinematography||P. S. Selvaraj|
|Edited by||M. S. Mani|
|Distributed by||Navayuga Films|
Aatma Gowravam (English: Self-Esteem; Telugu: ఆత్మ గౌరవం) is a 1965 Telugu drama film, produced by D. Madhusudhana Rao under the Annapurna Pictures banner and directed by K. Viswanath. It stars Akkineni Nageswara Rao, Kanchana and Rajasree in the lead roles, with music composed by Saluri Rajeswara Rao.
The film marked the directorial debut of the great Indian film director K. Viswanath. The film is based on the novel of same name by Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani. It won the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film in that year. The film was screened at the Asian and African film Festival at Tashkent.
Zamindar Varahala Rao [(Relangi)] does not have any children heirs for his property. He adopts Srinivas Rao [(Akkineni Nageswara Rao)] younger brother of farmer Ramaiah [(Gummadi)]. Santhanalaxmi [(Suryakantam)], wife of Zamindar does not like the middle-class people. She wants to adopt Venu [(Chalam)], son of her sister. Ramaiah wants Srinu to marry Savitri [(Kanchana)]. Santanalaxmi does not want any connections with Ramaiah and his family. When Ramaiah goes to the Zamindar's house with the proposal, he is insulted by Santanalaxmi. His sister dies and to get a better match to Savitri, he marries Vasantha. Savitri leaves the house to commit suicide. She is rescued by Geeta Devi [(Rajashri)], who is supposed to marry Srinivas Rao.
- Akkineni Nageshwara Rao as Srinivasa Rao
- Kanchana as Savitri / Sarala
- Rajasree as Geeta Devi
- Gummadi as Ramaiah
- Relangi as Zamindar Varahala Rao
- Ramana Reddy as Bhajagovindam
- Chalam as Venu
- Allu Ramalingaiah as Appalacharyulu
- Suryakantam as Santhana Lakshmi
- Vasanthi as Parvathi
- Hemalatha as Shanthamma
- Pushpa Kumari as Janaki
- Art: G. V. Subba Rao
- Choreography: Sumathi Kaushal, Heeralal
- Lyrics: C. Narayana Reddy, Arudra, Sri Sri, Dasaradhi
- Playback: Ghantasala, P. Susheela, Vasantha
- Dialogues: Bhamidipati Radhakrishna, Gollapudi Maruthi Rao
- Story : Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani, Gollapudi Maruthi Rao
- Editing : M. S. Mani
- Cinematography : P. S. Selvaraj
- Music : Saluri Rajeswara Rao
- Producer: D. Madhusudhana Rao
- Screenplay - Director: K. Viswanath
|Film score by Saluri Rajeswara Rao|
|Producer||Saluri Rajeswara Rao|
Music composed by Saluri Rajeswara Rao. Music released on Audio Company.
|S. No.||Song Title||Lyrics||Singers||Length|
|2||"Maaraajulochchaaru"||C. Narayana Reddy||P. Susheela, Vasantha||3:14|
|3||"Preminchanide Pellaadanani"||Arudra||Ghantasala, P. Susheela||3:37|
|4||"Paruvam Ponge Velalo"||C. Narayana Reddy||Ghantasala,P. Susheela||4:04|
|6||"Andenu Nede Andani"||Dasaradhi||P. Susheela||3:31|
|7||"Oka Poolabaanam"||Dasaradhi||Ghantasala, P. Susheela||3:41|
|8||"Bratuku Netito Baruvai"||Arudra||P. Susheela||3:30|
|10||"Valapulu Virisina"||Sri Sri||Ghantasala, P. Susheela||3:09|
- VCDs & DVDs on - VOLGA Videos, Hyderabad
- "Articles : Movie Retrospect : Atma gowravam (1966)". Telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 25 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- Collections. Update Video Publication. 1991. p. 387.
- "Arts / History & Culture : Celebrating a doyen". The Hindu. 26 April 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.