|Directed by||Dulal Dey|
|Produced by||Narender S. Surana|
|Screenplay by||Dulal Dey|
|Story by||Dulal Dey|
|Music by||Joydeb Sen|
Aainaate (Bengali: আয়নাতে, English: In the Mirror) is a 2008 Bengali drama film directed by Dulal Dey. The film stars Rituparna Sengupta, Firdous Ahmed and Rati Agnihotri first appearance in Bengali cinema.
The story about Malini (Rituparna Sengupta) who recapitulating her childhood memories while recollecting her family attachments she remembers the detachment from her inner self grounded by the molestation in her teenage.Malini is now a well-versed photographer working in some magazine. Her photographic skills explores through the various special expressions of the people when they are dead and seeks to find out the emotions of the pale and white faces. During these ongoing course of actions she comes in contact with Urmila Sanyal (Rati Agnihotri), the leading social activist who has dedicated her life to the service of the exploited and distressed women of the society. The story then takes a turn to her romantic journey with her boyfriend, Rajat (Firdous Ahmed) who is the lavish brat of a big businessman.On one hand there is the family expectations tied to her and on the other there is urge for preserving her self-identity. Though she gets romantically involved with Rajat along with her family support but then nobody is ready to bear its outcomes. It is then when she becomes pregnant, she realizes the real faces of the people whom she has been respecting and admiring so much. In a moment she is being out cast and constantly pressurized to surrender to the patriarchal will. But revolting against it she comes to discover the illegitimacy of her own birth and finds Urmila Sanyal as her escapist mother, who was scared of the social accusations.
- Rituparna Sengupta as Malini
- Firdous Ahmed as Rajat
- Rati Agnihotri as Urmila Sanyal
- Soumitra Chatterjee as Boren Sanyal
- Deepankar De as Mama
- Pushpita Mukherjee as Khuku
- "AAINATE VCD". webmallindia.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Nag, Kushali (6 June 2008). "'I want to do off-beat films' - Dhaka boy ferdous returns to tolly for his second innings". Calcutta, India: telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Nag, Kushali (14 May 2008). "Forever young - Rati plays her mirror image in her first Bengali film..." Calcutta, India: telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Aaynate - Rituparna Sengupta". calcuttatube.com. Archived from the original on 14 April 2009. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Das, Madhuparna (29 November 2008). "Mirror cracked". Calcutta, India: telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "aainaate movie plot story". gomolo.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "aainaate (2008) Cast and Crew". gomolo.com. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
|This article about a Bengali film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|