|Nearest city||Milford, Delaware|
|Area||0.4 acres (0.16 ha) (original)|
9 acres (3.6 ha) (increase)
|NRHP reference #||72000300 and 79003788|
|Added to NRHP||August 25, 1972 (original)|
May 17, 1979 (increase)
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972 with a 0.4-acre (0.16 ha) area. The listed area was increased in 1979 to include a total of 4 contributing buildings, with an increase of a 9-acre (3.6 ha) area. The increased area includes a Gothic style work built in 1868.
There's a historical marker for the old mill, placed on the north side of Abbotts Pond Road (County Road 620), across from Abbotts Pond.
The Abbott's Mill Nature Center offers tours of the grist mill and rolling mill. It is part of the 313-acre Milford Millponds Nature Preserve, which includes trails, Abbott's Mill, a pond and meadows. The Center features a native small animal collection and offers nature education programs.
In the site's 1972 NRHP nomination, it was reported the grist mill had been operable until 1960, and that plans were for it to be restored.
The listing was expanded in 1979 to include a total of 8.5 acres, including other buildings and open space.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Showcase: Abbott's Mill".
- "Delaware Public Archives: Abbott's Mill". State of Delaware.
- "Abbott's Mill Nature Center".
- Edward F. Heite (April 18, 1972). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Abbott's Mill". and Accompanying three photos
- Joan N. Larrivee (1978). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Abbott's Mill expansion". and Accompanying photos
- Abbott's Mill Nature Center - Delaware Nature Society
|This article about a property in Delaware on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Delaware state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|