|Directed by||Arjunn Dutta|
|Produced by||Tarun Das|
|Written by||Arjunn Dutta|
|Music by||Soumyarit Nag|
|Cinematography||Supratim Bhol aka Joy|
|Edited by||Sujoy Dutta Roy|
Abyakto (Unsaid) is a 2018 Indian Bengali-language drama film directed by Arjun Dutta, starring Arpita Chatterjee, Adil Hussain, Anubhav Kanjilal, Anirban Ghosh, Lily Chakravarty and Kheya Chattopadhyay. While the film was showcased in various festivals from 2018, the theatrical release was on 31 January 2020. Abyakto received critical acclaim.
Abyakto is a poignant tale of a mother and son. The story encapsulates the unusual journey of Indra from his childhood and adolescence to adulthood. A series of unexplained events turn him into a man he never ought to be.
- Arpita Chatterjee as Saathi, the mother
- Adil Hussain as Rudra, a friend of Saathi
- Anubhav Kanjilal as Indra, the son
- Anirban Ghosh as Koushik, the father
- Lily Chakravarty
- Kheya Chattopadhyay
Abyakto was screened at The Kolkata International Film Festival in 2018. It was selected in the prestigious Indian Panorama section of 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI). It was also selected to compete in the category of Centenary Award for the best debut feature film of a director at the same festival.
Abyakto received positive reviews in festival circuits. Reviewers praised the simplicity of the story telling, cinematography, background score, and acting. Bahskar Chattopadyay, reviewing for the Firstpost, particularly noted the restrained simple script and the "terrific performance" of Arpita Chatterjee. Suparna Thombare of Cinestaan praised director Dutta's "sensitive and creative story-telling ".
- "Arjunn Dutta's 'Abyakto' to be screened at Kolkata International Film Festival". The Times of India. 29 October 2018. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- Dasgupta, Priyanka (11 November 2018). "Bengali film in the race for IFFI's debut award". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- Chattopadhyay, Bhaskar (16 November 2018). "Abyakto movie review: The beauty of Arjunn Dutta's mother-son tale lies in its simplicity". Firstpost. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Thombare, Suparna (29 November 2018). "Director Arjunn Dutta unravels layers of the restrained relationship between a mother and son, through snippets from the protagonist's childhood memories". Cinestaan. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Basu, Indradatta (1 February 2020). "বহু দিন পরে এত পরিপূর্ণ একটা ছবি বাঙালি উপহার পেল". Anandabazar Patrika (in Bengali). Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- Ghoshalk, Sharmishtha (1 February 2020). "Film review: Director Arjunn Dutta's Abyakto impresses with a tight plot and sensitive treatment". Indian Express. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- Sen, Debolina (2 February 2020). "Abyakto movie review". Times of India. Retrieved 4 February 2020.