Academic Medical Center (Amsterdam)
|Academic Medical Center|
Academisch Medisch Centrum Amsterdam
|Location||Bijlmer, Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Affiliated university||University of Amsterdam|
|Emergency department||Level I trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in The Netherlands|
The Academic Medical Center (Dutch: Academisch Medisch Centrum), or AMC, is the university hospital affiliated with the University of Amsterdam. It is one of the largest and leading hospitals of the Netherlands, located in the Bijlmer neighborhood in the most south-eastern part of the city of Amsterdam. AMC consistently ranks among the top 50 medical schools in the world.
The AMC has an intensive cooperation with the other university hospital of Amsterdam, the VU University Medical Center (VUmc), which is affiliated with the VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam's other university.
Tertiary care departments include advanced trauma care, pediatric and neonatal intensive care, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, infectious diseases and other departments.
Special units include:
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Neonatal and pediatric surgery and intensive care
- Pediatric oncology
- Level I trauma center
- "Jaarverslagen zorg, CIBG, Ministerie VWS". Desan, Netherlands. Retrieved May 19, 2020.
- "Radio Netherlands Archives". Radio Netherlands. Retrieved May 19, 2020.
- "QS World University Rankings by Subject 2015 - Medicine". Top Univerisities.com. Retrieved May 19, 2020.
- "Academic Medical Center". Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam. Retrieved May 19, 2020.