||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Bloomfield Hills, Michigan|
|Footnotes / references
Acme Mills Company is a privately held textiles conversion and finishing company based in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Founded in 1917, it is part of the Acme Group of companies. Activities of the company include cutting, sewing, dyeing, and applying textile finishing to fabrics.
The company's headquarters address is 33 Bloomfield Hills Parkway, Suite 120, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304. Among properties owned by the company is 100,000 square feet of industrial space in Quincy, Michigan which is leased to Paragon Metals.
Acme Mills was founded in 1917 as a mill to manufacture cotton batting for use in the automotive industry for seat cushions. It is one of the member companies of the Acme Group. The company is now a supplier of industrial fabrics to automotive, furniture, and aviation seating companies.
Dymetrol is a woven fabric suspension system. The fabric utilizes a patented elastomeric mono-filament called hytrel that stretches and form a suspension system. The fabric was introduced by Du Pont in 1984 at the SAE Show in Detroit. Dymetrol has been adapted for use in vehicles, furniture, aviation, trains, boats, trucks, and tractors.
The Group manages three manufacturing facilities: two located in Hillsdale, Michigan and a third in Santa Teresa, New Mexico. The Group also maintains a recycling facility in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
Group corporate governance
- Bolkosky, Sydney M. (1991). "Faces of Jewish History in Detroit". Harmony & Dissonance. Michigan, United States: Wayne State University Press. p. 90. ISBN 9780814319338 – via Google Books.
- Staff (1 July 2014). "Rolled Goods". Nonwovens Industry (New Jersey, United States: Rodman Media). OCLC 60622300 – via HighBeam Research.
- Castranova, Michael Chevy (13 March 2008). "1031s drive deals". MLive. Booth Newspapers.
- Staff (1 October 2014). "Acme Group Adds 25,000+ SF Facility". Toledo Business Journal (Ohio, United States: Telex Communications). OCLC 759623182 – via HighBeam Research.
- Du Pont, Initials. (2007). Dupont filaments. Retrieved from http://www2.dupont.com/Filaments/en_US/assets/downloads/Dymetrol/Suspension.pdf
- Dymetrol Product. (2009). What is Dymetrol?. Retrieved (2010, August 4) http://www.dymetrol.de/english/products/product.htm