This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Custom logo for Guy Fawkes Night
|Created by||Alasdair Bailey, Graham Crockford|
Acorn Arcade is a computing resource web site with a focus on the operating system and its gaming scene. It has been recognised by Acorn User magazine and was an award winner at the Wakefield Acorn Computer Show.
Acorn Arcade was founded in 1997 by Alasdair Bailey and Graham Crockford. It was awarded the 1998 Wakefield Acorn Spring Show 'Best Acorn enthusiast website' and was listed in Acorn User as "the leading Web site for information on current RISC OS games developments".
The original site featured RISC OS articles, news, games reviews and other media. Since its merge with The Icon Bar, the site shows that news content under its own skin, while retaining its own separate games-related areas.
"Acorn Arcade". Acorn Arcade. Archived from the original on 1998-12-05. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
All material on this site is © 1997/8 Alasdair Bailey and Graham Crockford unless otherwise stated.
- Wilson, Mike (1998-05-16). "WACG/Acorn User Website Competition". Newsgroup: comp.sys.acorn.announce. Usenet: as.1BCD19B853.a9EF9Cd.firstname.lastname@example.org. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Internet portal launched". Acorn User (215). December 1999. p. 58. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
Johnson, Trevor (April 2011), "Meet Jeffrey Lee", Archive: the subscription magazine for RISC OS users, Glastonbury: Abbey Press, pp. 14–18, OCLC 222434223,
The Icon Bar [...] sometime in 2006, when the Acorn Arcade content was merged in.
- "What's New - All Sites Added 12/30/2006". Best of the Web. Best of the Web Directory. 2006-12-30. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
Icon Bar - RISC OS portal featuring news, discussions, polls, reviews, tutorials, and downloads.
- Williams, Chris (2004-02-26). "AcornArcade to re-release Cooper classics". Drobe. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
AcornArcade have announced today that they've been given permission to re-release, for free online, classic RISC OS games developed by Tom "Berty" Cooper.
- Williams, Chris (2005-11-06). "BigBang and Revolver classic games set free". Drobe. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
[...] Acorn Arcade have netted two classic games and released them for free online.
|This video game website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|