Adam Morgan (racing driver)
28 October 1988 |
|British Touring Car Championship career|
|Current team||WIX Racing|
|Former teams||Speedworks Motorsport|
|Best finish||7th in 2013, 2015|
|Ginetta GT Supercup
Ginetta G50 Cup
Ginetta G20 Cup
National Historic Rally Championship
|2011||Ginetta GT Supercup|
Born in Blackburn, Morgan began his career in Cadet Karts from age 8–11 (1996–99), then moved on to higher classes such as Junior TKM and Junior Max. He remained in Karts until 2004.
For 2009, Morgan began racing in the Ginetta G50 Cup for the last two rounds, with a best finish of fourth. He remained in the championship for 2010, finishing in sixth place overall.
British Touring Car Championship
Speedworks Motorsport (2012)
He was the 2011 Ginetta GT Supercup champion, for winning the championship he received a fully funded drive in the 2012 British Touring Car Championship with Speedworks Motorsport paid for by Ginetta. Morgan matched the pace of test driver James Thompson in his first winter test session. He did not finish any of the races in his first meeting at Brands Hatch, he crashed out of the first race and was unable to start the second race. He was caught up in a multi car pileup in race three after oil was deposited on the track by Mat Jackson's car. He started on pole position for the reversed grid third race at Rockingham but lost the lead on the opening lap in the wet conditions, he went on to finish 11th. He took a best finish of 8th in the penultimate round of the season at Silverstone and he finished the season 19th in the drivers' standings.
Ciceley Racing (2013–)
Complete British Touring Car Championship results
(key) (Races in bold indicate pole position – 1 point awarded in first race; races in italics indicate fastest lap – 1 point awarded all races; * signifies that driver lead race for at least one lap – 1 point given)
- "Adam Morgan tests Speedworks Toyota". Ginetta.com (Ginetta Cars). 20 February 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Morgan matches Thompson pace". British Touring Car Championship (TOCA). 23 February 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- Casillo, Pietro (23 September 2012). "Gordon Shedden wins race three and takes points lead". TouringCarTimes (Mediaempire Stockholm AB). Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- Turner, Kevin (5 November 2012). "Adam Morgan to race with family-run Cicely team in 2013 BTCC". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- O'Leary, Jamie (25 September 2013). "Mercedes to be represented in BTCC 2014 by Ciceley Racing". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 28 September 2013.