Adolf Ferdinand Weinhold
|Adolf Ferdinand Weinhold|
19 May 1841|
|Died||1 July 1917
From 1857 to 1861 Weinhold studied chemistry and physics at universities in Göttingen and in Leipzig. His mentors were Otto Linné Erdmann and Friedrich Wöhler. In Germany, Weinhold worked after university studies as chemist and physician. Since 1870, Weinhold was professor at Chemnitz University of Technology. In 1881, he described his own Vacuum flask.
Works by Weinhold
- Leitfaden für den physikalischen Unterricht (24 editions)
- Physikalische Demonstrationen – Anleitung zum Experimentieren im Unterricht an Gymnasien, Realschulen und Gewerbschulen (7 editions)
- Vorschule der Experimentalphysik – Naturlehre in elementarer Darstellung nebst Anleitung zur Ausfertigung der Apparate (5 editions)
- Weinhold, Adolf Ferdinand (1875). Introduction to Experimental Physics, Theoretical and Practical: Including Directions for Constructing Physical Apparatus and for Making Experiments. Benjamin Loewy (translator). London: Longmans, Green, and Company.
- Works by or about Adolf Ferdinand Weinhold at Internet Archive
- Chemnitz University of Technology:Life and works of Weinhold
- Literature by and about Adolf Ferdinand Weinhold in the German National Library catalogue
|This article about a German chemist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|