|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
|Directed by||Riyadh Mahmood|
|Produced by||Riyadh Mahmood
|Written by||Riyadh Mahmood
|Music by||Richard Ames|
|Edited by||Riyadh Mahmood|
Fahd Habeeb Productions
|May 16, 2008|
Produced by Washington DC filmmakers, and released May 16, 2008, Aduri presents the lives of two fugitives running from the FBI and correctly predicted the outcome of the United States presidential election, 2008 in November. One of the news sequences in the film refers to President Barack Obama.
Aduri Aman (Ariana Almajan), finds herself the target of federal agents, though she is herself employed by the FBI as an analyst. Unsuspecting that she may have knowledge of government secrets, she receives help and refuge from a stranger, Saif (Kawan Karadaghi). He seems overly eager to help. As the couple races through Washington D.C. suburbs, Aduri's own past catches up to her.
Various contemporary events are used as plot devices in Aduri. These include:
- United States War on Terror
- The 2004 Asian Tsunami
- The crude oil price hike from 2005 to 2008
- The 2008 United States Presidential Elections
- Ariana Almajan as Aduri Aman
- Kawan Karadaghi as Saif Uddin
- Roger Payano as Agent Mason
- Christy Sullivan as Bebe
- Theodore Taylor as Mr. Wright
- Karl Bittner as Adrian Shepherd
- Patricia Berry as Aunt Julie
- Gita M. McCarthy as Mrs. Aman
- Wilson White as Mr. Aman
- Karthik Srinivasan as Rakib Shah
- Lauren Meley as News Anchor
- Yaser Ahmed as News Anchor
- Gytis Kanchas as Angry Customer
When reviewed by DesiChutney, it was said, "In a sea of independent films, Aduri shines through with much promise of thrills, drama and a touch of comedy."
The soundtrack to the film was released in 2008. Richard Ames composed approximately 50 minutes of original music for the soundtrack including the theme music. It consisted of various fusions of music from the east and west.
The song titled Conspiracy from the album Open Your Eyes, by Nesreen and M. Mehdi, is featured for the credits.
- "Aduri cast, crew, production informations". fenimedia.com. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- Frey (April 28, 2008). "Film Premiere Of "Aduri" An Independent Film May 16th At University of MD, Hoff Theater". Maryland Films. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "Aduri the Movie: Two Perspectives". Passion for Cinema. Archived from the original on 7 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- staff (April 29, 2008). "Aduri movie review". Desi Chutney. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "Aduri". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "Richard Ames". Productiontrax. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "Open Your Eyes". Out Records. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Aduri|