|Directed by||Radu Jude|
|Produced by||Ada Solomon|
|Written by||Radu Jude|
|Starring||Victor Rebengiuc |
|Music by||Dana Bunescu|
|Distributed by||Parada Film|
Aferim! (English: Bravo!) is a 2015 Romanian drama film directed by Radu Jude. It was screened in the main competition section of the 65th Berlin International Film Festival where Radu Jude won the Silver Bear for Best Director. It was selected as the Romanian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards but it was not nominated.
The film is set in Wallachia in the early 19th century, when a local policeman, Costandin, is hired by Iordache, a boyar, to find Carfin, a Gypsy slave who had run away from the boyar's estate after having an affair with his wife, Sultana.
- Victor Rebengiuc as Stan
- Luminița Gheorghiu as Smaranda Cîndescu
- Șerban Pavlu as Traveler
- Toma Cuzin as Carfin Pandolean
- Gabriel Spahiu as Vasile
- Mihaela Sîrbu as Sultana
- Alexandru Bindea as Priest on the road
- Teodor Corban as Costandin
Publication The Hollywood Reporter describes Radu Jude's film as "a harsh lesson of history, relieved by overlooked humor and classic Western elements". Variety magazine writes that Aferim! is "an exceptional and extremely intelligent insight into a crucial period of history, a film equally inspired and furious".
- List of submissions to the 88th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Romanian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of films featuring slavery
- "Aferim! (2015)". Cinemagia (in Romanian).
- "Berlinale 2015: Competition Complete". berlinale.de. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Prizes of the International Jury". Berlinale. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "And Romania's nomination for next year's Oscars is..." Romania Insider. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Berlin Winner 'Aferim!' Picked Up for U.S. Distribution". Hollywood Reporter. 7 August 2015. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- Blaga, Iulia (11 February 2015). ""Aferim!", un western valah despre intoleranță și multe altele". HotNews.ro (in Romanian).
- Călin, Dorina (12 February 2015). "Ce scrie presa de specialitate despre "Aferim!": Incursiune excepțională, inteligentă în istorie; un film inspirat, furios; o lecție aspră de istorie". Mediafax.ro (in Romanian).