From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up advehent or afferent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Afferent (from Latin, ad meaning "to" and ferre meaning "to carry") is an anatomical term with the following meanings:
- Conveying towards a center, for example the afferent arterioles conveying blood toward the Bowman's capsule in the kidney, in the opposite direction to the efferent arterioles
- Something that so conducts, see Afferent nerve fiber
Afferent may refer to:
- Afferent couplings
- Afferent lymphatic vessels
- Afferent pupillary defect
- Afferent vessels (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Afferent.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.