Afrika Baby Bam
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Afrika Baby Bam|
|Birth name||Nathaniel Phillip Hall|
|Also known as||Afrika Baby Bam|
May 22, 1970|
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Genres||Alternative hip hop, Golden age hip hop, jazz rap|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, producer, performance artist, actor|
|Years active||1988 - present|
Warner Bros. Records
Gee Street/V2/BMG Records
|Associated acts||A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Queen Latifah, Native Tongues, Q-Tip, Pagan Society|
Nathaniel Hall, better known by his stage name Afrika Baby Bam, is an American hip hop artist, born in Brooklyn, New York, and was part of the hip-hop group the Jungle Brothers. He was named in honor of Afrika Bambaataa. He is also known as Afrika, Baby Bam, and most recently B.A.M. He now travels the world as a nomad.
Bam started out as a member of the Jungle Brothers. The group was formed in 1986 with his friends from Brooklyn, Mike G and Sammy B. Their first hit was "Straight out the Jungle" followed by the dance music hit "I’ll House You." Bam also helped form the hip-hop super group Native Tongues whose members included Queen Latifah and Q-Tip. The Jungle Brothers' first concert was at Wembley Stadium to celebrate Nelson Mandela’s release from prison.
Bam has most recently been performing in Massachusetts while he has been establishing his new production company, Ravensclaw Productions. He is also associated with a new movement called the Pagan Society. He has deviated from the traditional hip-hop community to establish himself as an artist involving himself in many collaborations including musical, video and art. In 2014 and 2015, he released an EP and album with Austrian producer Mr.Dero.
- Straight out the Jungle (1988), Idlers/Warlock
- Done by the Forces of Nature (1989), Warner Bros.
- J Beez Wit the Remedy (1993), Warner Bros.
- Raw Deluxe (1997), Gee Street/V2/BMG Records
- V.I.P. (2000), Gee Street/V2/BMG Records
- All That We Do (2002), Jungle Brothers
- You in My Hut Now (2003), XYZ
- This Is... (Greatest hits) (2005), Nurture Records/Groove
- I Got You (2006), Pinoeer Records
- [[Aquella Cosa]] (2013) Pagan Society
This & That (2015), as Bam & Mr.Dero, Tiefparterre Records Graz
- "In the Jungle with Afrika Baby Bam". The New Zealand Herald. 14 October 2000. Retrieved 15 September 2011.