AllMusic's logotype and logo (since July 2013)
Type of site
|Online database for music albums, artists and songs; reviews and biographies|
|Owner||All Media Network, LLC (since August 2013)|
|Created by||Michael Erlewine|
|Slogan(s)||Music search, recommendations, videos and reviews|
|Alexa rank||3, 278 (August 2016[update])|
|Launched||1991(as All Music Guide)|
AllMusic was launched in 1991 by Michael Erlewine of All Media Guide (later became All Media Network). The aim was to "[compile] discographic information on every artist who's made a record since Enrico Caruso gave the industry its first big boost". Its first reference book was published the following year.
The AMG consumer web properties[clarification needed] AllMusic.com, AllMovie.com and AllGame.com were sold by Rovi in July 2013 to All Media Network, LLC. All Media Network, LLC. was formed by the original founders of SideReel.com and Ackrell Capital.
Services and products
The content was initially published in book form in 1991 as the All Music Guide, and is now freely available to the public for online reference and information, as well as available via licensing for point-of-sale systems, media players, and online music stores.
All Media Network also produced the AllMusic guide series that includes the AllMusic Guide to Rock, the All Music Guide to Jazz and the All Music Guide to the Blues. Vladimir Bogdanov is the president of the series.
- All Media Network
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- "Allmusic.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- "AllMusic FAQ". All Media Network, LLC. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
©2014 AllMusic, a division of All Media Network, LLC
- "AllMusic". Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Wolf, Gary (February 1994). "All Music". Wired. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Rovi Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Performance Announces Agreements to Sell Rovi Entertainment Store and Consumer Website Businesses". Rovi. July 21, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Digital Entertainment Veterans Launch 'All Media Network' to Perfect Digital Media Discovery". BusinessWire. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Grimshaw, Jeremy. "Jeremy Grimshaw" at AllMusic. Retrieved October 5 2016.
- Bowe, Brian J. (January 24, 2007). "Make it or Break it". Metro Times. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Toon, Jason (July 21, 1999). "Rock Stock: A book report on the best tomes to consult before buying tunes". Riverfront Times. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Heater, Brian (August 13, 2007). "Top 100 Classic Websites – AllMusic – Slideshow from pcmag.com". PCmag.com. Retrieved September 24, 2013.