Bank of Africa Rwanda Limited
|Products||Loans, Checking account, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Total assets||US$14 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Bank of Africa Group (90%)|
Bank of Africa Rwanda Limited also BOA Rwanda, formerly known as Agaseke Bank, is a commercial bank in Rwanda. The bank is one of the licensed banks in the Republic of Rwanda. The bank is a growing financial services provider in Rwanda. As of December 2012, its total assets were valued at approximately US$14.6 million (RWF:9.2 billion).
BOA Rwanda was formed in November 2003 as Centre Financier aux Entrepreneurs Agaseke (CFE SA Agaseke) with the aim of providing financial services to small and medium-sized businesses. On 14 December 2010, the shareholders adopted a resolution to convert CFE SA Agaseke to a microfinance bank and adopted the name Agaseke Bank. The bank was granted a banking license by the National Bank of Rwanda, the national banking regulator, in 2011 and commenced commercial banking services in the same year.
On October 15, 2015, the Bank of Africa Group announced its acquisition of a 90% stake in Agaseke Bank. This led to Agaske Bank changing its name to Bank of Africa Rwanda Limited and conversion to a commercial bank.
|Bank of Africa Rwanda Stock Ownership|
(1) Main Branch, Ground Floor, Chic Complex, Nyarugege, Kigali (2) Kayonza Branch (3) Gizozi Branch, Umukindo House, Kigali (4) Muhanga Branch (5) Rusizi Branch (6) Rubavu Branch (7) Musanze Branch (8) Huye Branch (9) Nyabugogo Branch (10) Remera Branch (10) Gikondo Branch (11) Kamironko Branch (12) Nyarugege Branch, KIC House, Kigali (12) Soras Outlet, Kakuyu Street, Kigali and (13) Kabuga Branch.
- List of banks in Rwanda
- Economy of Rwanda
- Bank of Africa Group
- Bank of Africa Kenya Limited
- Bank of Africa Uganda Limited
- Bank of Africa Ghana Limited
- Bizimungu, Julius (20 October 2015). "Bank of Africa acquires 90% stake in Agaseke Bank". The New Times (Rwanda). Kigali. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- The New Times Rwanda (13 December 2016). "Bank Of Africa Pledges To Support Rwanda's Development Initiatives As It Launches Operations". Kigali: Promo Africa Rwanda Quoting The New Times (Rwanda). Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- NBR (30 June 2017). "List of Licensed Banks As At June 2017" (PDF). Kigali: National Bank of Rwanda (NBR). Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- December 2012 Financial Data
- BOAR (3 August 2017). "Bank of Africa Rwanda: Who Are We?". Kigali: Bank of Africa Rwanda (BOAR). Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- BOAG (15 October 2015). "Press release: Bank of Africa Group - 15 October 2015" (PDF). Bamako: Bank of Africa Group (BOAG). Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- BOAR (3 August 2017). "List of branches of Bank of Africa Rwanda Limited". Kigali: Bank of Africa Rwanda Limited (BOAR). Retrieved 3 August 2017.